Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The New and the Old

Tax season is upon us and I spent most of yesterday prepping for our tax appointment. Today I had a slew of errands to run before I could even think of hitting the gym. Luckily, it was empty by the time I got there so I did my first 30 minutes on the cross-trainer. Then I stretched a little, did some core work and looked over at the Smith.

I had planned to do some RDLs and maybe RG BB Rows, but the Mayor was chatting with a dude who had several plates on the Smith bar. The Mayor can chat for a long, long time and I really don't have any patience these days. Back to the cardio platform and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Right next to me are two machines I've never used before. My hubs told me he'd tried them and thought them pretty cool.

I only punched in 10 minutes on a Manual setting for the Octane Fitness Stepper. It moves in a weird horizontal circle as well as vertically, so it's akin to running in snow shoes. Or waffling like a penguin. There's a movement where you grab the two stationery bars in front and squat down while stepping. I can do it for 15, maybe 20 seconds before the quads and hammies start to burn. Okay, I'm done and need a shower...

No push ups and no hammer grip pull ups today. My shoulder has been achy lately and I can only think that Monday's Push Day is biting me in the butt now. A friend suggested a torn shoulder labrum so I looked it up. Symptoms seem to match except for the initial popping sound. I'm going to have to call my insurance company to see just how much this will cost me if I attempt to get it looked at, much less get it fixed. Ugh. Maybe I can just get away with something less invasive? And cheaper?

My siblings sent me birthday cards suggesting that there's gonna be way too many candles on my cake. I don't know why they're so snide about it since they're only a year and two years younger. But of course, they'll always be younger...

Wednesday
6.36 total miles

30 min x-trainer
Calories 141
Miles 3.74
Average Speed 7.46
Average Pace 8:02
Average Heart Rate 153

Knee-Ins 50
Crunches 3 x 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

30 min elliptical
Program 2
Calories 298
Miles 2.62

Octane Fitness Lateral
10 min + 2 cool down
75 cal
Level 1
Wide 5
1.02 dist
23 floors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...