Monday, March 13, 2017

Nor'easter STELLA

Tomorrow is my birthday and Nor'easter Stella is going to make it a holiday for everyone. Everyone except the snow plows and emergency services. But they'll be happy for the pay. Predictions keep changing but we've gone from expecting a foot of snow to near blizzard conditions and a good 18-21 inches of the white stuff. Well, we've got snow shovels and salt. I also bought groceries today since it's unlikely we'll be dug out tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday. When my hubs is suppose to fly to SF.

This past Sunday was also Daylight Savings time, although I don't imagine we've saved anything at all. The lights go on in the house because it's dark out. It doesn't matter whether it's at the beginning or end of the day. The sun is barely over the treeline when I walk my son down to the school bus stop. It's 7°F out but at least there's no wind.

TRUE Alpine Runner Treadmills
The gym replaced all their treadmills with a newer model on Friday, the True Alpine Runner. I'm not sure where they put the two rowing machines since they were at the end of the treadmills, but no more. Already, two of the machines have yellow cones signifying they're not working. The control handles are high, but I'm guessing it's because the treadmill is meant to be at a 30° angle, which would raise the front end closer to the handles. I'm not a treadmill person, too hard on my knees, but this model is suppose to be quite smooth. Whatever that means...Most people are running or walking on it flat, like a regular treadmill.

I always bring both sets of BlueTooth earbuds now because the A8s are unreliable. I had both sets on the charger this morning and tossed them into my gym bag. I turn on the iPod and hear the A8 earbuds tell me Power Low. WTF? I toss them back into my bag and grab the U8s, which have always been more reliable. They're just a tad bigger, but they are better made and cheaper as well. The only thing the A8s have going for them, is that because they're smaller, they are slightly more comfortable to wear. And comfort means a lot.

Cardio Platform: treadmills to the left, cross-trainers, recumbent bikes to the right.
Ellipticals behind the recumbents, Step Mills back far right. Espresso bikes foreground.
I haven't worked out since last Thursday but my shoulder isn't any better. Now it clicks and catches painfully in awkward positions. Ugh. I'm going to have to see a doc about this. Just not quite sure who. I'm hoping to get away with just an office visit and a prescription for physical therapy, and I hope a good doc can diagnose without the MRI. Schools were closed on Friday and there was snow, but it didn't stick except on grass and trees. Tomorrow is going to be totally different. Shoveling is not going to make my shoulder any better either. With that in mind, I decide to do push ups anyway. I really miss pull ups and think about doing a dozen of them but the Stretch Cage is busy so I skip it. However, I do most of decent Push Day workout. I'll probably regret this tomorrow as well...

Monday
6.3 miles

30 min x-trainer
Calories 141
Miles 3.71
Average Speed 7.41
Average Pace 8:05
Average Heart Rate 149

Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 80
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

Smith inclined Bench
12 x bar (30), 50, 70,
8 x 80
25 x 60

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20/25 lbs x 12/15 reps
20/25 lbs x 15/20 reps x 2 sets

Rip Skulls
40 lbs bb x 12 x 3

30 min elliptical
Program 1
Calories 294
Miles 2.59

2 comments:

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...