Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Alberta Clipper Wins

I put my son on the school bus at 7:13 am. It was 17°F but no wind, so not terrible. At 7:20 I get a text telling me the school district south of us has called for early dismissal. It's like calling Shenanigans in South Park... in anther 20 minutes our school district also calls for early dismissal, which means my son will be getting off the bus at 10:30 am. My hubs is on his way to Houston via Newark Airport because all the NYC airports are upgrading their terminals. Which means they're a construction nightmare, and there's no parking.

I have enough time to run out to the local grocery and pick up milk and bread. Milk for the growing child, and bread for the dog. Mostly the dog gets kibble with boiled ground turkey and sweet potatoes, but when he's begging for food, we toss him some ciabatta. It's one of the few "table foods" we can give him that doesn't upset his stomach. Because he can't process fats, no more peanut butter sandwiches or cheese. Oh well, he turns 14 in a few weeks. That's like 98 years old, so I'm fine with giving him good bread every now and then.

It's been snowing steadily, but we're not expecting any more than 3-4 inches. And tomorrow is suppose to rise into the 40s. But I'll still have to shovel the driveway... No school means no after-school activities, also means no Boy Scouts for the 3rd week in a row. And Saturday is the Court of Honor where my son and others will get their rank advancement. Not sure my hubs will be home for it though, as he's due in Boston on Friday... Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...