Friday, January 27, 2017

Rushing To Keep Up

I'm not quite sure why but I seem to run out of time. Maybe I'm moving slower? It seems like time just whizzes by and I can't quite understand why. Part of it is that might be the pilocarpine eye drops which is making my right eye uncomfortable and interferes with my vision for several hours. This preoccupation with loss of sight is making me a bit more depressed lately. I only realized that this was "temporary" yesterday afternoon when my vision seemed fine. But right now, my right eye feels blurry, like there's something cloudy on the lens...

I figure I missed posting my last two workouts so I'll post them today BEFORE I go to the gym! The only things I really have to report is that I've upped my pull ups (more pressure to perform!) since adding those Hindu push ups, and that my shoulders and elbows are not happy with me. Probably because of the same Hindu push ups. Ugh... but I discovered that I can take photos while in Note mode on my phone, and those photos don't automatically go to the phone's photo album. Hmmm.

Today I plan to whack the machine regardless, because I'm feeling extremely anxious and punching and kicking is a good way to alleviate stress... I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. My son's birthday meal of fried chicken, mac'n cheese and brussel sprouts with bacon was sitting heavy in my stomach and I developed late night heartburn. Which fueled late night anxiety. But once I propped myself up on pillows, got into a more comfortable position and applied some relaxation techniques, I was able to fall asleep again. Of course, the dog is now ill with tummy troubles. I've taken him out three times this morning already and he hasn't eaten his breakfast (laced with his pain meds). Instead, he found some crab grass to nosh on while his tummy made ungodly springy noises.

Norovirus is going around, closing schools around the country. (Also known as Cruise Ship Virus.) It hit the gym yesterday. One of the staff was feeling a bit queasy which didn't really concern me. What concerned me was the woman in the next stall who told her friend that she needed help because she just couldn't keep anything down... Ugh. Great. And what equipment was she on?

Parascom A8 company read my scathing review on the Amazon website and promptly sent me a new pair of earbuds to try out. I told them I'd revise my review if these worked better. I still had trouble getting them to charge, but the U8s, as good as they sound, hurt my ears by the end of my workout because they're a tad too big... We'll see how the A8 work today...

Wednesday Workout

30 min x-trainer
Calories 143
Miles 3.89
Average Speed 7.75
Average Pace 7:44

HGPU 39.5 Yaaay Me!!
Knee-Ins 50
Hindu Push Ups 30 (left shoulder is twinging)
Crunches 3 x 50

Smith RDLs
12 x Bar (30 lbs), 80, 100, 120, 130

Smith RG BB Rows
25 x 80, 100, 120, 130

Seated Cable OneArm Row
50 lbs x 12 x 3

Drag Curls
40 lbs x 12 x 3

RG BB Curls
30 lbs x 25 reps x 3

HGPU 36





Thursday Workout
Cardio miles 5.29

30 min elliptical
Program 1
Calories 294
Miles 2.59

HGPU 36
Knee-Ins 50
Hindu Push Ups 40
Crunches 3 x 50

Inclined DB Press
12 reps x 20 lbs, 25, 30

DB Lat Raise s/s Rev Incl Flyers
25 lbs x 12/15 x 3

Rip Skulls
40 lbs x 12 x 3

30 min elliptical
Intervals
Calories 310
Miles 2.70

 HGPU 36

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...