Tuesday, January 24, 2017

No Workout Today

After the ice started falling from the night sky, I put the phone right by the bed so that I wouldn't have to grope around in the dark when the call came at 5 am. 5 am is when the central school district sends out their automated message about two-hour delays, or school cancellations. It was definitely the latter. 30 seconds after the phone call, I got text messages from the school district, and neighboring school districts, and the public library all announcing cancellations or delayed openings. Lastly, I got an email stating the same. Then I went back to sleep.

My husband shoveled the walkway and part of the driveway so he could drive to work. "The roads are fine" he texts me later. I shoveled the dog ramp and salted the front steps. The dog wasn't too thrilled with conditions as the salted slush on the roadways probably hurts his paws. He's not happy crunching through the snow around the house either. The "snow" looks like wet sugar, pretty but heavy and slippery. By Thursday, temps will peak into the 50s and next weekend looks pleasant enough. Which is awesome since we're having a swim party for my son's 12th birthday. Soon he'll be too old to care about things like that (I'm glad he still likes to be hugged, and doesn't mind holding hands with his mom). My son slept in until 11 am. Well, he's a growing boy... eating me out of snacks and everything else.


My right shoulder is still achy and I put a dab of Penetrex cream on it. Then I search the web to see if this winter storm has a name. I'm not sure what qualifies a storm to get a name, but the list is out for the 2016-2017 Winter Season. This storm is just a Nor'easter as far as I can tell, although Winter Storms Helena and Iras have already wrecked havoc on other parts of the country. As I sit in front of my computer, I realize that my whole back is actually a bit sore. Hmmm... those alternate push ups must really be doing something!

Well, tomorrow is suppose to be nice so I'll deal with the Pull workout then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...