Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Machine is Cheating

Not only did I get my car inspected, but I also got it washed. Not sure I want to return to this particular car wash though as the lead guy, the guy who comes up to your window and collects your money, was totally creepy. I hate it when guys lean into your car window. It's like they're staring into your crotch! Thank goodness I thought to do this before going to the gym, instead of afterwards when I'd be wearing shorts. His bug eyes and over-aggressive
demeanor made me want to say "Back away from the car! Keep your hands in your pockets!" Ugh!

It's so chilly in the mornings that the heat kicks on, but of course, I can't close my bedroom window because there's a robin sleeping in the nest perched on the top edge. Of course. I manage to affix my hair so that it doesn't fall down or get too much in my way. I've already heard the terrible news about the child snatched by a gator at a Disney resort. Orlando is the epicenter of death right now. We've always been extremely cautious about Southern waterways because we've seen enough nature shows to know that gators account for a lot of small dog deaths in Florida. I'm sure the parents are in total shock because Disney, the Happiest Place on Earth, has always been seen as one of the safest as well.
I can't dwell on this. Instead, I tape and wrap my hands so I can whack and kick the Nexersys. The Beginner and Intermediate rounds go well except for the occasional blank screen. The machine gets belligerent during the Advance rounds, refusing to score obvious kicks and blows. I think the software is messed up, but there's nothing to be done. I can't put much stock into the stats because the machine has proven unreliable. At least I got a good workout. I've given up trying to present a "neutral" face because I'm one of those gals blessed with the Resting Bitch Face. Now I snarl during my workouts, and it feels good.

I run into B in the locker room. She hasn't been around for a few weeks. I figure she either went on vacation, or had some medical issues to deal with. Instead, she whispers to me that she had her boobs done. And she has. They're not huge, but for a skinny old chick (she's in her mid-60s), she's now got a cute figure. But of course, there are restrictions on her workouts because she doesn't want to undo the work. I tell her she looks good, because she does. But I laugh to myself because the last thing I'd ever want would be bigger boobs. Seriously. And I have tiny ones that barely fit a 36AAA (yes, triple-A).

Afterwards, I pedal the Precor for 20 minutes, and then don gloves for a set of pull ups. I'm tired, but I still manage to muscle through a full set. Yaaay! Speaking of muslces -- I finally watched the latest episode of American Ninja Warrior off my DVR and saw a 5 ft tall woman who had an upper bod to envy! She's got 10 lbs on me, and the best shoulders and arms I've ever seen. Not bodybuilding freaky, but thick, athletic useful muscle. Totally awesome!

Humpty Dumpty Day Workout

warm up
Calorie :   46 CAL
Distance: 1.25 mile
Speed :    7.49 mph
Duration : 00:10:04

Follow Me
Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Prgm#2
Calorie :   183 CAL
Distance: 1.64 mile
Duration : 00:20:00
227.73
Set 1 : 112x31

Photos posted for stats:



2 comments:

  1. Chill? what is this chill you speak of? It has been so hot and humid here,(heat index over 100*F) that the garage (where our weight room is) is unbearable in the evenings. Though we did get an abb reviated workout done this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo do NOT envy you right now. Yes, I'm very happy that I need a blanket at night ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...