Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Cleavage Pains

The last time I got sunburned, it was because I forgot about the little hollow between the collarbones. This time I forgot about cleavage. Primarily because it's never really been a concern of mine, being a certified member of the IBTC. But I wore a sun dress made of swim suit material on Sunday, Father's Day, when the family went out to Six Flags New England amusement park, courtesy of our friends who purchased a season pass. With that pass comes the ability to bring guests for free!

I always apply sunscreen to my face. And I know I sprayed the clear UV 50 stuff all over my husband and son. And even had them spray my back and neck. But I'd totally forgotten about the little area between the breasts because they're not normally exposed. Ah, summer... I've been applying a sunburn remedy called Blue Ice which contains aloe and a minute amount of lidocaine. Because this is rather unpleasant!

Yesterday was the Summer Solstice, and my son's school's annual Stepping Up Day celebration at Kiwi Country Day Camp. So I was out in the sun for most of the late afternoon, but I'd thought enough to wear jeans and a button down camp shirt. It was also the last full day of school for the year. Which means that today, tomorrow and Thursday are all abbreviated school days. Tomorrow is also my son's actual "graduation" from grade school. I think he'd be crushed if I wasn't there, so I'll be there. And then I'll probably take him home. I'm not really sure why he has school on Thursday because what are they going to do for 2.5 hours? Meanwhile, he still has swim class and kung fu this week as well.

I skipped the gym yesterday because FIOS said they were sending a repair tech to the house between 11 and 2 pm. By 1:30 I knew that wasn't happening. And I wasted a perfectly good opportunity to get to the gym. Today the tech came at 4:30 and made everything worse. We had been able to live-stream TV, but our Guide had disappeared and the DVR couldn't connect to the Internet so programming was out. Then he swapped out our DVR for a new one, eliminating access to our old shows. The new box wouldn't connect to the Internet either. So now, absolutely No Live Streaming. Then he ran a new wire to the outside box. Nada. Then he left because he doesn't work late shift. And a new tech is suppose to come tomorrow at 2 pm. Yeah, right. My husband wants to go back to Comcast. I hate Comcast. But without any access to programming, it's hard to justify having FIOS for just phone, Internet and WiFi. Heck, I'm missing Penny Dreadful and Game of Thrones tonight!

Since I only had a bit over an hour to workout, shower and change, I decide that cardio was the most important thing I needed to do. Coming to the gym only 3-4 days a week and eating crap on weekends (because there is no such thing as "real food" when you eat out a lot) is making me fat. I'm aghast to see the scale pop up to 112.6 lbs today. OMG!

I do my cross-trainer and elliptical routines, knock out a bunch of push ups because I'm not benching, and struggle through the pull ups. I only do two sets instead of three when my left forearm starts to bother me. Maybe I should add those RG BB Curls back into my routine when I have time? I buy two tickets to Finding Dory before I get home, and I get home just in time to toss my dirty gym stuff in the laundry and run down the road to meet the school bus. My son flops on the sofa and asks how much time we have before the movie while I'm making scrambled eggs and toast for lunch. I have Ezekiel bread, my son eats a bagel.

Finding Dory was excellent, and I laughed out loud throughout the movie. The short flick Piper that plays before the main event is absolutely funny and sweet, with amazing feather and sand rendering. I'd watch both of these flicks again.



Tuesday Workout
(6.55 miles total cardio)

Steady State
Calorie :   141 CAL
Distance: 3.97 mile
Speed :    7.92 mph
Duration : 00:30:05
209.07
Set 1 : 112x26
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:00:30
Set 2 : 00:00:30
Set 3 : 00:00:30
Set 4 : 00:00:30
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
209.07
Set 1 : 112x26
Prgm#1
Calorie :   292 CAL
Distance: 2.58 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...