Monday, June 27, 2016

Priorities

My husband doesn't have to go back to Boston so far, so we spent the weekend binge watching, It's especially bad since we've not had the ability to stream programming for nearly two weeks, and I think we're all in a sort of withdrawal, wanting to get our fill before the next blackout period. My husband isn't as selective as I'd like about what he watches, and so crap movies like Pandemic and The Conjuring, and it's sequel, made the list. Ugh. Well, at least I got to watch The Revenant, and Bridge of Spies.

It's been hot so we haven't ventured out of the house much either, except to take the dog for his walk, and to take out the trash. It's nice not having plans. My son slept in so I tease him that he must've grown at least an inch or two. Today is his first day of camp, so I pack all my gym gear as well. I've nearly given up on finding Thinning Shears for the dog. After filling out the online form for PoshDogsKneeBrace, I get a phone call from the owner of the company. He explains that I should trim my dog's fur with Thinning Shears (he tells me that they're available at any beauty supply shop for about $12) to get better measurements, and better photos for them to use in constructing his new braces. I feel like this is yet another hurdle to jump because I'm having trouble finding any beauty supply shops in my area. They've all become nail salons. Ugh.

The gym seems a bit quiet for a Monday, but school is over so the HS kids come in later. When they wake up. Meanwhile, I get my priorities straight: cardio, then basic moves. I'm back to being able to knock out a 100 push ups straight, but I skip the 2nd set today. No small bench for the Smith machine, so I use the bigger adjustable for sets of Inclined Benching. Then a few sets of Smith SLDLs. This still knocks the wind out of me at the heavier weights. I wish I could take a selfie doing these, because I like seeing the lat flair as I straighten up. Arms look pretty good too.

I got good reps on my first set of pull ups, finally ignoring that little voice in my head that tells me how much I hate doing pull ups. I didn't get to a second set until my workout was done. A middle-age lady in a knee brace was in the Stretch Cage. She only comes to the gym with her husband, who ever so slightly reminds me of Humpty Dumpty. They seem sweetly devoted to each other. She's very tenuous and unstable on her feet. He's a bit more brave. I'm not rushing anyone, so I skip that set and figure I'll circle back after my last round of cardio.

I do a few cursory stretches, but since I'm wearing shorts, I'm not inclined to do a Mat Stretch routine. Too much sand and grit on the Mats from people's shoes. I might not even go to the gym tomorrow. There didn't seem to be too many kids in Child Care today, so maybe I'll let my son sleep in tomorrow and I'll get some work done. Because I really need to get my act together, and look for a paying job. Besides, tomorrow is $5 Tuesday and I'll probably take him to see something silly, like Central Intelligence with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart.


Monday Workout
(6.54 miles total cardio; 19,784 lbs moved; actual workout time 1:45:52 )

Steady State
Calorie :   141 CAL
Distance: 3.94 mile
Speed :    7.86 mph
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:30:05
227.73
Set 1 : 112x31
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:00:30
Set 2 : 00:00:30
Set 3 : 00:00:30
Set 4 : 00:00:30
112
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 50x15
Set 3 : 70x15
Set 4 : 80x12
Set 5 : 50x26
168
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 130x8
Set 6 : 110x12
28
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12 SuperSet with
33.33
Set 1 : 20x20
Set 2 : 20x20
Set 3 : 20x20
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Prgm#2
Calorie :   296 CAL
Distance: 2.6 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
227.73
Set 1 : 112x31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...