Saturday, June 4, 2016

Caretaking Woes

I went to the gym yesterday and did my routine 15 rounds of Follow Me, whacking and kicking the Nexersys machine. It was a kickass workout and felt great. I also did 20 min on the elliptical afterwards, Performance Program #3. Normally I do something slow like the Step Mill but I wanted to do some backward pedaling for my sciatica issue. The only thing that was really hard were the pull ups. Between my arms feeling tired, and my left elbow getting a bit sore, well, I was barely able to get 26 reps. On a good day I can get 31.

I hate to admit it, but lugging the dog for his walk twice a day is taking a toll on me. He's not even all that heavy at 65 lbs, but it's the awkward slight stoop in my posture that puts me at the right height to support his hind quarters that's probably giving me problems. My left front hip starts to twinge painfully, causing me to actually limp every time I get back from taking the dog out. I only take him out twice a day, but that actually ruins me for the entire duration. I'm fine when I wake up though. Something's out of alignment and I'm not sure what, and I'm not inclined just yet to see any medical personnel. Because I'm not inclined to go for expensive tests that my health insurance says I need to pay a whopping deductible for.

I just got a bill from the generator service company that actually hasn't done anything yet. They've already billed my credit card over $650 just to come tell me what I already told them: I need a new voltage regulator. They also sent separately an estimate for another thousand dollars to order the part and install it. WTF?

I got really fed up with my hair yesterday so before I put my wraps and gloves on, I took one of my hair bands and wrapped it around my coiled braid, essentially making a bizarre bun that actually stayed in place throughout the 15 rounds. Hair clips and barrettes never stay in place, so I'm shocked that this actually worked. Hurray for me!

Animé Hair Girl has dyed her hair dark red again. Last week it looked faded, brittle and dry. I know bleaching really damages hair and her hair seems to require weekly color to maintain any semblance of shine, and life. I've thought briefly about having neon blue hair, but once I discovered how arduous and nearly impossible it is to attain, especially for someone with Asian "black" hair, well, it's okay to not have everything you want. Seriously.

Friday's Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   93 CAL
Distance: 0.83 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Prgm#3
Calorie :   180 CAL
Distance: 1.62 mile
Duration : 00:20:05
212.8
Set 1 : 112x27

Photos posted for actual stats:

5 Rounds Beginner:
always a fun warm up!

5 Rounds Intermediate:
a few of these rounds really took my breath away!

5 Rounds Advance:
the 3rd round actually had me miss a few blows because the sequences were moving too dang fast! 

3 comments:

  1. Pix, you might want to look online for a "Dog Support Sling". It will let you stand upright normally, while providing support for the rear legs of your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see now, looking back in my blogroll, that you already have a dog sling. I only see my full blogroll, when I am on the laptop. The phone version limits the roll to about 5 blogposts, so I missed your Thursday sling post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't check stuff on my wee lil' iPhone 5 either. It's the iPad or the desktop for me, or I have to resort to whipping out the reading glasses, and a lot of apps aren't formatted for the smaller phones.

    ReplyDelete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...