Monday, November 2, 2015

Nothing is Set in Stone

It's amazing how thirsty you feel when you absolutely can't drink anything. I had a cup of black tea with honey this morning, before 8 am, because I was having an endoscopy at 11. Nothing to drink after 8 am. I feel a bit lightheaded by the time I'm being prepped and my blood pressure goes from a bizarre 178/148 down to 145/135 down to 130/95 by the time the anesthesiologist is having trouble finding a vein that doesn't slither away from her so she can start the line. My pulse is a great 55 though. Go figure.

I wake up remembering only the most vivid colors. And questioning the anesthesiologist beforehand as to why patients feel cold when they awake. She tells me that the drugs affect a portion of the brain that actually causes body temperature to drop to room temperature. Now that's fascinating.

The GI doc tells me that yes, I do have a small hiatal hernia, but there's nothing else wrong with my system. I'm not currently in any pain so having my gallbladder out is not critical. The nurse takes my temperature. It's 98.1 in my ear. I already pretty much follow a gallbladder diet: no fast food, no fatty fried stuff, lots of fruits and veggies, low-fat proteins, lots of water. He says to come back in 6 weeks for a follow up. My choices are to have my gallbladder out, or to adjust my activities (and diet) and put up with the wonky organ. I'm not liking having to give up pull ups. My husband tells me that he's jealous (of my ability to do pull ups). Then he leaves for Boston because he has to work the night shift for the rest of the week there. Boooo! He's probably not coming home until Saturday. Which means it's me, my son and the dog.

I'm not suppose to drive for 24 hours although I feel okay. My son is perfectly happy to skip kung fu since he's had two sessions of gym today. I feel fine. The doc cautions me not to do too much too quickly. I'm probably just going to do cardio tomorrow. And maybe some push ups. Because schools in my town are closed due to Election Day. Neighboring towns are using their firehouses instead so their schools are open. My son and I plan to vote, go to the gym, get a bite to eat and then see Hotel Transylvania 2 before his MineCraft Mod-making class at the library. It's a full day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...