Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Get Happy

I rushed off to the gym this morning, trying to remember how to drive my car. After over a week of driving the Chrysler 200, I have to relearn my old 2010 Subie Forester. The first thing that needs adjusting is the seat. Seriously. Everyone and their mother is taller than me with longer legs and arms. I adjust the seat, drive the car, then have to adjust the seat again but it's never quite right the first time you  push all the buttons to make the seat higher, closer, recline just at the right angle. Sigh.

School is on Early Dismissal so it will be an abbreviated workout. That's fine with me because my shoulders are still kind of tired. Cardio and maybe some pull ups? My quads are stiff as well. This is going to be fun. I don't make 7 miles today, but I'm past the 5 mile marker so everything's good. Because I haven't done anything that involves pulling heavy weights, the first set of Hammer Grip Pull Ups goes very smoothly. It makes me happy. The GHRs are a bit harder, but I can knock out 12 without having to pause much. What's hard is getting back on the cardio platform for the second leg of cardio. The Performance Program #2 course (which reminds me of a pair of boobs) seems awfully hard today. I haven't taken off my hoodie at all so far, and it's drenched.

I go back to the Cage for a more complete stretch (foot over my head), and finish with another set of Hammer Grip Pull Ups. The last two reps are always the hardest, but that's what I get for making 15-rep sets. The second set of GHRs are also hard, but not impossible. I'm glad when they're done, and I can "relax" on the Mat with some dynamic stretching.

I've barely drunk 1/3 of my water bottle. I tend to sip between sets and today there aren't many sets. The gym scale reads 106.0 even. Okay, that's probably just water loss. I get home just in time to meet my son at the school bus stop. Then we have errands to do… when I finally get a moment later, I check my own scale. It reads 104.8 lbs and 14.2% BF. Hmmmm. Well, I'm not going to feel bad about having seconds tomorrow. Or about the pies we're bringing for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be grateful for :D

Wednesday Workout
(6.42 miles total cardio)

   
Steady State
 
Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 3.84 mile
Speed :    7.63 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
   
165
 
Set 1 : 110x15
 
GHRs
 
12
 
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
   
#2
 
Calorie :   293 CAL
Distance: 2.58 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:30:03
   
165
 
Set 1 : 110x15
   
12
 
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
   
146.67
 
Set 1 : 110x10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...