Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Deciding Not To Decide

Because I've not worked out for three days, I feel as if I should be able to pick up from Friday's workout without any issues. Cardio goes well. But I'm having trouble completing all the reps for my push ups. Maybe lack of sleep is catching up with me? I did stay up too late, drink and eat too much. I don't feel bad, but I avoid even attempting pull ups. Pathetic. The GI doc did tell me to take it easy working out today, and I told him I was just doing cardio. Doing a couple hundred push ups is kind of like cardio, right?

I'm not entirely convinced that removing my gallbladder will cure my symptoms. Of course, doing nothing probably won't help either. The traditional 5 F's of gallbladder stones (cholelithiasis) are: Fair (Caucasian), Fat (BMI>30), Female, Fertile, Forty. There is talk of replacing Forty with Family since this is probably a heritable condition. So, other than being Female, I don't fit the typical gallstone patient profile. My sister also has some issues with GERD. But I don't have GERD. I don't even have gallstones anymore. What I have is sporadic pain where my gallbladder lives, but only when I do pull ups. Crazy.

I don't like the idea of snipping away organs just because they might be the cause of something evil. I'd like to see proof first. And I haven't, so I'm not convinced. If there were obvious gallstones, I'd say "Well, okay now, let's get rid of those suckers". But my body doesn't follow the rules as written. I just don't want it to surprise me in a bad way. I feel a little tired after the first cardio session but I can still knock out the first set of push ups. And planks. Diamond push ups are a bit harder. Seriously, I remember them being easier last time. I'm rushing because I still want to do another 30 min on the elliptical before showering. My son is in the Child Care Room, and we plan to see Hotel Transylvania 2 this afternoon.

I'm disappointed that I can only do 30 Dand push ups. Usually I can do 45. But today I can't. After another round of planks, I tackle the One-Leg Push Ups. Those I manage to finish. After Performance Program #3, I barely have time for a quick hamstring stretch before dashing off to the locker room. The gym scale reads 109 lbs. I guess eating brie, blue cheese, jarlsberg and crackers over the weekend has had an effect! I should probably stop though. I'd rather not get fat, even if I do keep getting junk mail for hearing aids, senior assisted living and funeral plots. I'm seriously having a problem with this "You're 55 So You're Old" thing. I don't suspect it gets any easier either.

I finally loaded some new songs onto my iPod like Where the Devil Don't Go (Elle King) and True Faith (New Order), and find myself grinning through Elle King's Exes and Ohs... Tomorrow I get to whack the machine. Yaaaay!



Tuesday Workout
(6.73 miles cardio)
Steady State
Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 4.17 mile
Speed :    8.34 mph
Duration : 00:30:02
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
Straight : 00:00:30
Elbow : 00:00:30
Straight : 00:00:30
Elbow: 00:00:30
45
Set 1 : 45 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:00:30
Set 2 : 00:00:30
Set 3 : 00:00:30
Set 4 : 00:00:30
30
Set 1 : 30 Lap/Rep
N/A
Set 1 : 00:01:00
Set 2 : 00:01:00
45
Left : 45 Lap/Rep
Right : 45 Lap/Rep
Perf Prgm#3
Calorie :   289 CAL
Distance: 2.56 mile
Duration : 00:30:05

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...