Friday, November 6, 2015

Sick Isn't An Excuse. Really!

I freely admit that I'm tired when I wake, and have a weird semi-dry cough. I've overheard people talking about a high level of mold spores in the air. It seems that everyone has this weird dry cough. As long as it doesn't morph into something more sinister, I'm okay with it. No fever, no pains. Mine is a bit more productive after a piping hot beverage. It takes me a while to get going though, especially since I finally remember to write emails for our upcoming Den meeting, and the Blue & Gold function this coming Spring.

I run into B and she tells me all her medical woes: she's finally going to have that MRI done because she's losing sleep from the shoulder and back pain. It's only been a few years. Seriously. I do 10 minutes to warm up before wrapping my hands to whack the machine. Learning the proper way to use cotton hand wraps was one of the most important things I've learned to maintain my hand health! I know I'm not going to do as well today as I did earlier in the week, soley because I'm tired. And I'm probably more sick. I can't stay home and "rest" because my body doesn't work well like that. It just makes my cold linger forever. Working out is the only was to make the illness move along. It'll peak and eventually fade this way. Besides, other than the dry scratchy cough, I don't really feel sick.

Afterwards, I find both Step Mills are occupied so I do 15 minutes on the Cross-trainer, then stretch. I see R and ask him about Halloween. He and his son dressed as SuperMan and had a blast. Excellent! He's gotten leaner again. While I'm stretching on the Mat, he carries an Olympic bar over and uses it for some weird sort of crunch where he's grabbing one end as he crunches up. I'll have to ask him about that one of these days. He's the only guy I ever see doing movements different from the routine mundane stuff I see everyday. I have to rush though. The oil burner service guy is due at my house, my cell phone suddenly has no service, and I'm running late. Of course...

Friday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   97 CAL
Duration : 00:10:03

Follow Me
4r Bgnr
5r Intm
5r Adv
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
Steady State
Calorie :   66 CAL
Distance: 1.79 mile
Speed :    7.15 mph
Duration : 00:15:02

Photos posted for actual stats:


4 rounds Beginner


5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...