Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Well, That Explains It All. Not.

It's unusually warm for November, but I'm not complaining. I haven't been able to see the Northern Lights either, although the skies have been amazingly clear at night. It's not often that you're told that they'll be visible from someplace other than the Arctic Circle! I've been fighting a cold, probably viral, and probably something my husband got first because I'm also sporadically losing my voice. But other than occasionally coughing up little pale green "hair balls", I don't feel sick. A daily dose of 50 mg chelated zinc helps the immune system, but I'm thinking of adding ZMA (zinc, magnesium, B6) back into my regimen. I slept better when I took that.

The 10 minute warm up on the elliptical is routine. I feel like doing something different at the Nexersys though, so I add a round to the Beginner and take it from Intermediate. I'm still concerned that I was unable to do a complete set of Dand push ups yesterday. 4 rounds of Beginner feels better than 3. 3 just wasn't enough. And 5 rounds of Intermediate is good. Sometimes the Intermediate rounds are actually more taxing than the Advance. But not today. Today I'm actually able to keep better focus, and the scores confirm my thoughts. I feel really good. I'm also drenched. Perfect time to get on the Step Mill for a leisurely 15 minute jaunt.

After stretching at the Cage (hamstrings mostly), I do most of my Mat Stretch. Tomorrow I'll do cardio, push ups, planks, delts and arms, before I have to run off for a pressure check at the glaucoma doc across town. I'm not happy that her office charges me a co-pay for even follow up visits. Those should be already covered in the amount my insurance says I have to pay towards my deductible. Healthcare is so much less affordable since 'bamacare was enacted. Now I opt not to do most things because I don't want to pay for procedures that used to be covered. And it's not like we're paying less for the insurance either.

When I get home this afternoon, I find two letters from the GI doc's office. One is a Thank You card signed by the entire staff. Weird, but nice. The second is a letter detailing my procedure and the results so far. I knew I had a hiatal hernia but apparently they've biopsied a few spots that seemed irritated (erythema). Those results will take longer. And the letter includes two color photos of my innards. That's kind of cool. They sent me home yesterday with a travel mug with their practice name on it. Nice, but weird. I wonder if the biopsies explain the tenderness I feel inside my core. Planks don't usually make me sore. But anything is possible these days... Now I just need to figure out who to ask about why doing pull ups makes my gallbladder unhappy. Jeeze...

Wednesday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   93 CAL
Distance: 0.83 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

4 r Bgnr
5 r Intmd
5 r Adv
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
Calorie :   113 CAL
Level 6
Lap/Rep :  48 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:15:00

Photos posted for actual stats:

4 rounds Beginner


5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance


Amusing recommendation for the Advance Level session!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...