Tuesday, November 17, 2015

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.

The gel padding for my bunion worked well today so I'm going to give up using moleskin for that particular sore spot. I'm not having such great luck with the moleskin squares on my knuckles though, which were stinging even before I started wrapping my hands to box. It dawns on me that even though I wear leather workout gloves (that are beat to crap and need to be replaced soon), my knuckles are sore from the 50 knuckle push ups I did yesterday. Sigh. There are those weird handles that I sometimes see guys using. Maybe I'll give those a go on Friday?

I wish I could say I was totally over my cough and sore throat, but that's not true. This is a lingering ailment, although I don't let it get in the way of things. The throat only hurts when I think about it, so it can't be strep, right? The cough is more a taste of lint in my throat than anything else. Eventually it'll go away. Meanwhile, I suck on honey-licorice cough drops, and sip hot water.

I haven't done a full Mat routine all week and my shoulders and back are a tad stiff from not stretching after workout. Still, I'm quite pleased with today's bout with the Nexersys. I compare my stats from last week and see improvement. But what I'm happiest about is that I could actually call up inner reserves of power for the final two rounds, and still improve on Accuracy and Strikes. Normally, after 12-13 rounds, I'm feeling myself tire and get sloppy.

Today I pretend "it's real" with the need to strike like a tiger. It's a great workout. It's so much better than the boring routines I see, people plodding away on the treadmills or Cybex machines, with no real connection to anything they're doing. They're just going through the motions. I see Shazam at the Seated Cable Station doing One-Arm Cable Rows. I want to tell him to rotate his hand when he pulls, but I'm on the Step Mill several yards away. Plus, I don't give unasked for advice, unless I think the person is going to kill themselves if I don't.

I've never owned a black car in
my entire life. Can't wait to get
my Subie back!
I can't resist 15 minutes on the Step Mill. Afterwards I do a few crunches and stretch out my lower back. I'm working tomorrow, and then taking my son to swim class. Thursday is suppose to be horrid weather, and I'm so nervous about driving this "new" car that I'm seriously considering staying home. I assume it's front-wheel drive, but I don't know if it has ABS brakes, or how it really handles in bad weather. The Saw Mill River Parkway is notorious for flooding during heavy rain. In the back of my mind is the constant thought that since my husband is out of town until Thanksgiving, there is no one to care for my son should anything happen to me. As an only child, he is acutely aware that he is all alone... that it's just me and him. And the dog.

Tuesday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   94 CAL
Distance: 0.83 mile
Duration : 00:10:03

Follow Me
5 r Bgnr
5 r Intmd
5 r Adv
Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Level 6
Calorie :   124 CAL
Lap/Rep :  53 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:15:00
Regular : 30 Lap/Rep
Bicycle : 50 Lap/Rep
Regular : 30 Lap/Rep

Photos posted for actual stats:


5 rounds Beginner
(Imagine how many times The You Are Hitting Too Hard buzzer would've gone off during this session! So glad I turned that off!)

5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...