Friday, October 30, 2015

Good News, Bad News...

Pre-Workout
I have to wait for the auto insurance appraiser to look at my car before I can leave this morning. I'm definitely going to need a rental. I have such a hard time finding cars that I find comfortable, and that makes me squeamish about car rentals. I'm not a One Size Fits All kind of person, unlike my husband who is average height and weight for an American male. Eventually I do get to the gym, around 11:30 am. I'm wearing some cool leggings I bought a few years ago. They're kind of Halloweenie so I'm wearing them to work out even though they're not workout wear. I'm also wearing my knit Halloween Jack Skellington hat, although I won't actually wear it to exercise. I get waaaay too sweaty to wear a hat. And I don't understand folks who come to do cardio wearing jeans and a button-down shirt. Maybe they don't sweat?

I do 10 min on the elliptical just as I see Shaggy walking away from the CF station. His eyes are swollen and squinty again. The Nexersys machine isn't registering my kicks at the Beginner Level. It's a bit frustrating. I think it's because I have to hit the X with the tip of my toe, instead of the ball of my foot. It's not very kind to my toes even though I'm wearing leather trainers. I've decided to see how well the Saucony shoes will do, and have on sports anklet socks as well. It's a bit disconcerting because I feel as if my socks are always on the verge of slipping down into my sneaker. The Intermediate rounds go better except for the one round where the machine goes crazy and I can't quite figure out what combination it's calling for.

A young blonde guy with big gloves boxes the machine next to me, most probably sparring. He only does two rounds so I'm a bit disappointed. I don't think there's any warning buzzer that you're hitting too hard when you use the Sparring Program. I manage to blank the screen twice. People are chatting and lingering by the Mtn Bike simulator just to the right of me, and it's distracting. I score abymally for the first round of Advance Follow Me, but do better on subsequent rounds.

I've made it a habit to do the Step Mill after stripping off my gloves and wraps. There are two machines. I've only got a few minutes left when Maroon puts his gear on the other machine. But there's no lights, and it doesn't seem to work. Weird. There's no power switch at the base of the machine either. He gets one of the gals at the front desk and she can't figure it out. I motion to him that I've got 2 minutes left and he smiles and thanks me, then wanders off to a Cybex ab machine. One of the other trainers comes by to fiddle with the Step Mill, but just before he gets to it, the machine lights up. Weird. Poltergeists? Or bad wiring? You never know...

I stretch, knock out a few pistol squats (which I just realize I've forgotten to record) and then stretch out on the Mat. The leggings work fine except the tag on the back waistband is scratching me. Ugh. My socks are a tad too slippery as well. Sigh. I get on the scale before showering. The gym scale is up tad, reading 107.6. It read 107.2 on Wednesday. Maybe it's the Apple Cider Vinegar? I didn't take any last night. I've also finished taking the acid blocker, and I'm glad because I don't really think it helped with anything.

While I'm out, the doc calls and reschedules my endoscopy for 11 am instead of 1 pm. That's actually better for me schedule-wise because I can get my husband to drive me. He's due in Boston at 8 pm. But it also means I can't go to the gym like I'd planned because I can't have any water after 8 am. But if I recover quickly, I can still take my son to his kung fu class.

Friday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   96 CAL
Distance: 0.85 mile
Duration : 00:10:05

3 r Bgnr
6 r Intmd
5 r Adv
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00
Calorie :   109 CAL
Lap/Rep :  46 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:15:00

Photos posted for actual stats:

3 rounds Beginner


6 rounds Intermedaite


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...