Friday, December 26, 2014

Post-Holiday Workout

I was late to the gym because I had an appointment to meet a financial advisor at the local Dunkin this morning. That ran an hour. Good thing I'd already had my oatmeal and instant espresso back at the house! Then off to the gym. Which was ridiculously crowded this morning. A lot of new and old faces. The new ones being mostly kids home from school. I do my 30 minutes on the cross-trainer and then a quick stretch. Unfortunately there's a tall young woman at the Smith. She's got a pair of 45s and maybe 10s. What's that? 30 lb bar + 90 lbs + 20 lbs is about 140 lbs that she's squatting. I'm not going to hover, waiting for her to be done. Instead, I hop onto the Precor and punch in the interesting Performance program (number three) for another 30 minutes.

By the time I get to the Smith machine, I've logged in 5.87 miles so I'm wondering how bad my Squats are going to be. Not too bad, as it turns out. My lower back gets tired on the SLDLs so I cut the sets on those, but the GHRs on the Lat Pull Down are feeling better than the last time. And I haven't coughed all day so I can claim that I'm officially cured. Yaaay!

A new creepy old guy (who bears a striking resemblance to John Herbert in The Family Guy) stares from one of the Cybex machines while I do my odd push-up Glute Ham Raises. Creepy PJ Pants plants himself in a Hammer lateral bench press machine right in front of me just as I finish my last set. Whew. Glad I'm done. I zip my hoodie back up and do a few Mat Stretches, again skipping Dive Bomber Push Ups and Planks. I start off doing a few Pistol Squats but there are so many people literally walking behind, in front of and around me, that I can't focus. Bleah.

As I get ready to leave the gym, my hubs texts me a long shopping list and asks if I can pick them up because he's got the itch to make jerky this weekend. Sigh. The only things I have trouble finding are Juniper Berries, and 2 cups worth of dried sage leaves. I finally locate dried junipers at the health food store, and hit two supermarkets for rubbed and powdered sage. That'll have to do.

Friday Leg Workout

Calorie :   147 CAL
Distance: 3.44 mile
Speed :    6.86 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
Calorie :   269 CAL
Distance: 2.43 mile
Duration : 00:30:10
210
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 150x12
168
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...