Monday, December 29, 2014

It Was Suppose To Be Chest Day

The problem with no-school vacations at my house is that we all tend to get up later than usual. Even the dog sleeps in. Never mind the fact we were out until 11 pm last night and I actually didn't go to sleep until 3 am. Never mind the call I got from the bond trading desk at 8:20 am because an order failed to execute on Friday. Everything gets taken care of in due course. I make it to the gym with a cup of coffee and little else. I'm not hungry so I skip my oatmeal breakfast. It might be because once we got home last night, we heated up English beef and potato pasties in the oven and ate them for supper. At midnight.

We'd been at a friend's house where my son had a play date, but their household has suddenly decided to eat healthy, I surmise, to make up for their inability to schedule exercise into their routines. Which means suddenly there's no beer or wine. And the food, while probably fairly nutritious, is now rather bland. Could use a bit of salt. Or seasoning. Any sort of seasoning. I don't eat or drink much at their house, and can't wait to leave. There is an extremely bitter, cloudy green tea sitting on the pot. And a mouthful of lemonade. They might be on a diet, but we're not. Honestly, if you're going to invite people to your house, at least have the decency to serve palatable food and beverages. 

The cross-trainers I normally use are occupied so I clamber up the cardio platform and get on one there. These tend to be stickier. However, I'm moving at a good pace and log in over three and a half miles so I'm happy. There's a 45 and a 10 lb plate on each side of the Smith so I ask the big burly guy if he's using it. "Oh no, it's all yours. I don't think anyone's been here for a while," he says a bit too enthusiastically. Cool. I don't see the Mayor, so it's probably Island Jerk. These guys know better and they're still (unprintable expletive). I get my Bench Press sets, although the last set was a tad hard, probably because of the cardio mileage. I used to get 25 reps at 95 lbs on the Flat Bench. Now I'm struggling to get 20 reps at 90 lbs (adjusted for the Smith).

The Smith Inclined Press is also a bit taxing so I stay at 80 lbs for all three sets. I'd like to move onto an Inclined Bench out from the Smith, but there's only one and someone's using it. I feel the tiniest bit guilty doing my DB Lateral Raises superset with Rear Inclined Flyes inside the Smith, but I don't really have a choice. Plus, no one's hovering. I only do 4 sets because I'm a bit tired. I should be able to do 6 sets, but that would be on a day I don't start out with so much cardio. Afterwards, I grab one of the Flat Benches and do a few RIP Skulls. The last set is hard and I grimace through the last 4 reps. Done. But not quite. I clamber onto the elliptical, punch in Performance Program 2 (because it's different from Program 3) for 30 minutes. I don't actually start to sweat until minute 16, and by then I'm lip synching along with my tunes, having a great time. Total mileage today is 6.10 miles. Wahoo!

I do most of my Mat Stretch routine, plank, Dive Bomber Push Ups, splits and other stretches. But I only do a few Pistols because I honestly don't need bigger legs, and I really think these contribute to quad mass. Tomorrow, my son has a dental checkup at 10 am. If we get done early enough, I'll take him to the gym with me so I can do some cardio. Then we'll go see a $5 movie. Or two. My hubs says he'll meet us at the theater. He wants to see Exodus and The Hobbit. Those are good choices. I'm rather looking forward to Into The Woods though... Hmmmm. We'll have to time this right.

Monday Workout

Calorie :   133 CAL
Distance: 3.65 mile
Speed :    7.26 mph
Duration : 00:30:09
168
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 110x12
Set 6 : 90x20
112
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 80x12
Set 4 : 80x12
30
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 20x15
Set 3 : 20x15
Set 4 : 20x15  SuperSet with
30
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 20x15
Set 3 : 20x15
Set 4 : 20x15
52.5
Set 1 : 15x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 37.5x12
Set 4 : 37.5x12
Calorie :   272 CAL
Distance: 2.45 mile
Duration : 00:30:20
Set 1 : 00:01:10
20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
134.17
Set 1 : 115x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...