Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve Workout

There's no school on Christmas Eve so I took my son to the gym with me. He never minds because it gives him the chance to meet other kids and see what games they're playing. I did my 10 min cardio warm up and a quick stretch before tackling the kickboxing machine. I actually woke up thinking, "Hey, I'm cured!" when I started coughing. Luckily that was the only sign of illness all day, so I'm thinking, yeah, I'm mostly cured. So I'm still not ready to tackle HIIT again. Maybe next week.

Remembering how bad I felt last week with 10 rounds, I tap in 7 rounds Beginner. The new screen is brilliantly sharp, but the virtual keyboard is so sensitive that it takes me several minutes to get my user name and password entered because tapping too hard means multiple unintended letter entries that have to be deleted. The machine is still wonky and there's two rounds where it either doesn't register the power kick, or power dig. My cross is still too hard, and it's less forgiving about allowing me to reset the blow. All bad things for the Accuracy Score.

After 7 rounds, I tap in 3 rounds Intermediate. My power is good so I know I'm recovered. But my right pinky knuckle is starting to ache a bit. I've done everything I can to protect that part of my hand short of donning those ridiculously-oversized boxing gloves. At the end of the session I feel really good. I knock out a few crunches and another 10 min on the elliptical before rushing off to shower.

My son and I decide to have lunch at the crepe restaurant. It's raining and my hubs is nearly home from Boston: my phone has an app that can track his phone. My son gets the berry and nutella crepe with a small mint iced tea. I opt to try their pulled pork sandwich with BBQ sauce, and a ginger twist tea. Because I decline the broccoli-cheddar soup, I get a free bag of chips, which I share with my son. It's dreary and raining, but it's Christmas Eve, so it's all good.

Wednesday Workout

10 min elliptical =  0.8 miles

Nexersys 7 rounds Beginner Follow Me (28 min)
  Accuracy 93% / Strikes 98% / Average Power 136%

Nexersys
3 rounds Intermediate Follow Me (12 min)
  Accuracy 91% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 118%


2 x 50 crunches


 10 min elliptical = 0.82 miles


photos posted for actual stats (that new screen is so crisp and clear!):

7 rounds Beginner


3 rounds Intermediate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...