Friday, September 26, 2014

End of the Week

It's catching up to me, staying up too late and eating poorly. I let my son sleep in so we don't get to the gym until 10:30 am. Ten minutes of cardio is hard, especially since my glutes and hams are a tad sore from yesterday. But they don't actually hurt. My upper back, however, is fairly stiff and I attribute that to DOMS although nothing actually hurts. Nothing like a good kickboxing workout to loosen things up!

Being tired makes it hard to stay consistent but I am able to maintain decent power and accuracy. I'm not feeling as fresh as usual by the end of round 12, but I tap in 3 rounds at Intermediate anyway. I figure WTF. Again, the machine gets flakey when I make certain combo blows and the screen lights up when it shouldn't. Since I know the Intermediate Level has this tendency, I'm not as annoyed and try to make the best of it. I know I'm punching harder because in spite of taping my knuckles and stuffing my wrapped hands into kickboxing gloves, my knuckles are pink and slightly bruised when I'm done. My wraps are always sweat-soaked so they go into the laundry with all my gym gear.

While the Beginner Level leaves me sweaty and warm, the Intermediate Level has me positively sodden. I pull my hoodie back on and clamber onto an elliptical to finish my cardio. Because I did 6 minutes of Tabata on Tuesday, I do 6 minutes today out of my 10 minutes of cardio, but I've modified it slightly. Now it's 15 seconds On, 15 seconds Off. And I'm breathing as hard as I can, sucking air deep into the recesses of my lungs, trying to store as much oxygen as possible. I think it aids my ability to recover whether it's pushing weights, knocking out push ups or smacking the machine.

I'm running short on time but I still manage to squeeze in Dive Bomber Push Ups, Pistol Squats and most of my Mat Stretch. Since I'll be participating in an archery seminar tomorrow, I don't want my upper back to be knotted up from today's workout. My husband texts me while I'm in the locker room. He's almost home from Boston and wants to meet us for lunch to check out the Cubano sandwich I had yesterday. My son has a different crepe, one filled with pecans, banana and dulce de leche. I have the chicken sandwich with melted swiss, honey mustard and diced onions. My husband tells me that this sandwich is okay but the one's in Miami are so much better. Yeah, well, when I'm in Miami I'll have to check it out.

Friday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.81 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 140%


Nexersys 3 rounds Intermediate Follow Me (12 min)

  Accuracy 82% / Strikes 102% / Average Power 108%

10 min elliptical = 2 min steady state + 6 min Tabata + 2 min steady state = 0.80 miles

Dive Bomber Push Ups: 2 x 15

Pistol Squats: 8

photos posted for actual stats: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...