Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Seeing Progress is Gratifying

This week I'm going to whack the kickboxing machine 3x and only do my 5+ mile cardio / body weight routine 2x. Or maybe not even that. Maybe I'll actually go look at the Smith again on Thursday and see if I can't monopolize it for benching, rows and maybe SLDLs. At least I don't walk away from it fully loaded with the bar at the top of the rack like some jerks at my gym. Today was pretty good. I got about five and a half miles of cardio between the Cross-trainer and the elliptical, three sets of 50 push ups and am getting closer to full sets of Hammer grip pull ups.

But doing the push ups and pull ups took their toll on me at the Smith where I attempt three sets of Inverted Rows. I did 12 reps but I only counted 10 for the last set because reps 11 and 12 were really weak. And for fun I also got my three sets of Lower Back Extension at 195 lbs, which is the weight I left the machine at some weeks ago. Then some GHRs at the Lat Pull Down station. My hoodie is totally sodden and I strip it off and tie back my hair once I drop onto the Mats. The plumber is coming this afternoon so I can't tarry with crunches or pulse ups. I'll just do those tomorrow. Because I'm on the short mat (I can just about reach both edges of the mat with my feet in a split) I don't do many pistol squats (only 6 per leg and I forget to log them). My legs are a bit fried anyway.

The Dive Bomber Push Ups are feeling easier again so even though I'm still only doing 2 sets, I've added a few reps. And back to a plank. I hate planks. I make sure to stretch out my shoulders and upper back with some new movements as I'm prone to knots in my traps and under my shoulder blades. The new scale looks just like the old scale, but the surface is smooth instead of being lightly ribbed. It reads 109.4 lbs and I'm good with that considering my hair is dripping with sweat and I've sucked down half my water bottle. My home scale rewards me with 107.8 lbs and 19.6% BF. Oh that's soooo much better than 19.9%! I'll take progress in miniscule doses because it's progress!

Tuesday Workout

Calorie :   142 CAL
Distance: 3.47 mile
Speed :    6.89 mph
Duration : 00:30:00
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
155.4
Set 1 : 111x12
Set 2 : 111x11
Set 3 : 111x10
155.4
Set 1 : 111x12
Set 2 : 111x12
Set 3 : 111x10

12
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Calorie :   221 CAL
Distance: 2.02 mile
Duration : 00:25:00
292.5
Set 1 : 195x15
Set 2 : 195x15
Set 3 : 195x15
Set 1 : 00:01:03
Set 1 : 15 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 15 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...