Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Taking a Holiday of Sorts

Tuesday is $5 movies at the cinema next to the gym. And Maleficient is playing. So I cut my workout short today. But at least I worked out, right? Did 5 slow minutes with my heart rate actually behaving as it should (110-116 BPM), then 4 min of Tabata whereupon my heart zoomed up to 154 or so. Then an additional 11-12 minutes to get my 2 miles done. A quick Cage Stretch, yes, I still have vertigo but it's better. Then 12 rounds at the Nexersys, Beginner Follow Me Avatar.

Maybe I'll start adding a few rounds of Intermediate on Thursday. I'm at the machine that has more glare but at least registers all my kicks and punches. I'm sodden by the time it's over, and my hair is long enough to pull into a funky ponytail. It's actually better in two, like pippi-longstocking but I did that yesterday. My husband likes the longer hair. As long as it's not in my face or on my neck, I don't really care. The two ponytails make me look like I'm 12.

The first showing of Maleficient is 11:30 and I have just enough time to shower and change. The second showing is at 1:50 but with a run time of 1 hr 37 minutes, I'd risk missing my son's school bus. Better to cut the workout short. I eat a Quest bar while I'm waiting for the movie to start. There is only one other person in this theatre, a woman with a little girl. It's basically a private screening. And it's a great movie to watch. I'd watch it again. And I probably will.

Tuesday Abbreviated Cardio Workout

2 miles Precor elliptical = 22:15 minutes with 4 min Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off)

Nexersys: 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me Avatar
  Accuracy 96% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 139%
Everytime I hit too hard and stop the machine, my Accuracy score drops and the Strike isn't counted. Bummer.

photo for actual stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...