Thursday, June 5, 2014

Another Cardio Vertigo Workout

My head is definitely not better today although for some reason my cardio and boxing seemed really good. Yesterday, my husband came home early and gave me a full body massage with scented oils. That was great! He's very frisky lately. Then we decided neither of us wanted to cook and he had to get up super early this morning to "commute" to Boston, so we went out to one of our favorite eateries, a Latin American bistro. My son brought his DS and happily munched on fries and chicken quesadillas. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are drink special nights, so of course I had to have a $5 mojito.We shared the tostones and mini pulled pork taco appetizers. And because we have similar tastes in most foods, we both ordered the Ropa Vièjo, a savory, seasoned, shredded skirt steak on a bed of rice with a fried egg on top. Most Ropa Vièjo dishes are more like beef stew in a spicy tomato base. This reminds me of the Hawaiian loco moco burgers. Yum. For dessert, we shared a slice of mango-flavored cheesecake and the molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

I know I'm suppose to mix up my cardio machines so as not to get too comfortable, but the Precor elliptical is the only one that doesn't stress my joints in bad ways. I could use the recumbent bike but I honestly don't see the point to it. Plus, you must be an orangutan to reach the handles in order to monitor heart rate, not that peddling on these machines has ever caused me to worry. I do my 2 miles on the Precor, again with 4 minutes of Tabata after 5 minutes of loping along. I'm actually getting better at keeping my heart rate in the proper zones! I'm not even all that sweaty when I stretch out at the Cage. Vertigo keeps me from putting my nose on my shin, but I still manage to get all my stretches done without falling on my face. Yay!

Out of habit, I start at the Right side Nexersys machine but again it doesn't register my Power (right) kicks so I immediately jump to the other machine. Tuesday, that machine kicked my butt. Today I do much better, but I am a bit annoyed at the final recommendation after I'm done: Ramp it up a bit and add rounds to get to the next level. Really? I'm already doing 12 rounds. Jeeze. Today, in spite of feeling as if I'm swimming through jelly, in spite of intermittent aches in different parts of my face and inside my ears, my accuracy is better and my power is great. Probably because I'm not lifting weights. I do miss that, but cardio makes me happy.

I go back to the Precor just to log in 3 more miles and then a full Mat Stretch with Dive Bomber Push Ups, plank and plank with knee to elbow. Tomorrow's an abbreviated workout because I have the water softener service guy showing up between 12 and 4 to replace the RO filter and recharge the ion system in the basement. Tomorrow is also suppose to be Leg Day. I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything besides 5 miles. I'll have to see if I have time.

Cardio Vertigo Workout

2 miles elliptical (with 4 min Tabata) = 23 min

Cage Stretch with BW heel dips, calf raises, side kicks and stretchs, hamstring stretch

12 rounds Nexersys Beginner Follow Me Avatar program
  Accuracy 98% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 137%

3 miles elliptical = 34 min

Mat Stretch with 2x12 DBPUs, 30 sec plank, 30 sec plank knee to elbow (16 per side), splits, upper and lower back and hip stretches

photos for actual stats:
Performance Recommendation

12 rounds Beginner Follow Me Avatar program

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...