Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Abbreviated Back and Triceps Day

It probably helps that I don't incorporate Tabata in all my cardio sessions. I explained it to my husband and he said, "Too much math." I'm glad he's able to utilize HIIT cardio though, as he's dropped 25 lbs since he started. He's used to wearing XL polo shirts but now they swim on him. Today I have to return several shirts he ordered last month. He's a bit bummed that he's been "downsized" to size L, but I keep telling him that he looks much better, and healthier. Strong and fast beats lumbering any day, especially if you want to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.

I'm pleased that I can get on the Precor today and only vaguely wonder where that group of small chatty women went. Most people seem unable to sustain a routine for more than a few weeks. Work and other scheduling conflicts are the usual culprits. The air conditioning doesn't seem to be working today. The doors are wide open and I break a sweat fairly quickly. After my 2 miles, I wander down to the BB area and grab an Oly bar for RG BB Rows. I do miss pulling heavier than 155 lbs, but not enough to change my routine. I can feel my lats and the erector spinae muscles in my lower back. I've gotten much quicker at pulling those 45 lb plates on and off the bar as well.

If I want to do 3 more miles, I know I have to get back on the elliptical before 10:40 am because I also want time for a full Mat Stretch. I cut my sets short on the V-grip Lat Pull Down because that requires the most rest between sets. Three sets of Lower Back Extensions and Rip Crushers are routine so that's not a problem. I vary the Incline and my speed on the elliptical to break up the monotony of a steady-state "run". I always feel pretty good after cardio, but lately my clothes have reeked of "cat piss". Yuck. I substitute crunches for planks today, but keep the Dive Bomber Push Ups. I always think that two dozen sounds awfully lame, but when I'm actually doing them, I realize that these are so much harder than regular push ups.

The gym scale wavers between 112.0 and 111.8 and finally settles on the latter. Yay. The hot shower feels good but I'm mindful to turn the water to cold for a the last minute or two just to cool myself down. I hate getting all sweaty after a shower. One of the trainers, G, has told me that standing under ice cold water after a workout is suppose to boost testosterone levels too. One of her clients is a middle-aged fellow who's obsessed with his T-levels. I don't really care about that although I suppose it would help one retain that hard-earned muscle mass.

I rush home to meet the school bus. The dog seems okay if not a bit depressed and sore. He's not limping but I know he hurts. I'm hoping he'll be better in a few days. I know how stressed he gets going to the vet and if all the vet is going to say is Well, let him rest and keep an eye on him, then there's no point in taking him there. Tomorrow is the last day of school for my son. It's also my Double Cardio Day. Oh boy!

Wednesday Workout

Calorie :   172 CAL
Distance: 2 mile
Duration : 00:22:00
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 155x12
Set 4 : 155x12
Set 5 : 155x12
Set 6 : 135x20
Set 7 : 135x20
Set 1 : 180x15
Set 2 : 180x15
Set 3 : 180x15

Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 120x8
Set 3 : 135x8

Set 1 : 17.5x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 37.5x12
Set 4 : 37.5x12

Calorie :   260 CAL
Distance: 30 mile
Duration : 00:32:00

50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Full Mat Stretch with Splits and Upper/Lower back stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...