Friday, May 23, 2014

Cardio and Legs

I decided not to do HIIT cardio this morning because I wanted to get my 3 miles out of the way early. Besides, my past forays with doing HIIT (4 times a week for 3 weeks back in February) didn't seem to make much of a difference. I'll just stick to what I'm doing for now, continuing until July before I change things up again. The difference between doing 2 miles and 3 miles for a warm up is that I actually start to notice my hamstrings more during the longer jaunt. Last week I did close to 5 miles before setting upon the Smith machine for Squats, but I prefer breaking up the cardio into two distinct sessions.

My Smith Squats and SLDLs were fairly routine today, doing the same reps and weight as last week. Except I dropped a few reps in the warm up Speed set. The Smith faces a mirrored wall and in it I can watch all the people at various machines and stations. I don't understand guys with skinny legs and arms that wear lifting belts to leg press. Okay, there were 4 plates on each side, but I don't think he ever took the belt off even when he was doing seated calf raises.

I'm easing up on the Seated Leg Extension because my quads are huge anyway. When all the stations are busy, I find myself doing Lower Back Extensions because I skipped those on Back Day, and I figure it involved hamstrings and glutes. I'm wearing running shorts and a tank so I wait until there's not a huge crowd at the Lat Pull Down station before grabbing a bosu and setting up for those anxiety-provoking Glue-Ham Raises. I know I'm garnering stares but I'm plugged in and I don't really care. I do a few sets, varying between doing a slow sort of push-up and a quicker bounce. I have to be careful with my timing, otherwise I wind up kissing the bosu with my face.

Another 2 miles on the elliptical and I'm ready for a Mat Stretch. I do everything except the plank. My lower abs feel tender today and I'm not sure why because I've been fairly negligent with abs lately. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the gym this weekend or Monday. Tuesday is the 3rd grade trip to the American Museum of Natural History and I'm one of the chaperones. So no gym but plenty of walking and yelling in my "mean Mom" voice. Should be fun regardless.

Legs and Cardio (copied and pasted from JeFit app)
there's no GHR in the JeFit database so I had to add that in

Exercise Name
1 RM
Lifting Logs
N/A
Calorie :   259 CAL
Distance: 3 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:33:00
224
Set 1 : 30x20
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x12
Set 6 : 130x12
202.67
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x8
Set 6 : 160x8
Set 7 : 160x8
189
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 120x12
Set 3 : 135x12
270
Set 1 : 180x15
Set 2 : 180x15
Set 3 : 180x15
N/A
Calorie :   171 CAL
Distance: 2 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:22:00
GHR 3 x 10 @ BW
Mat Stretch with 2 x 12 Dive Bomber PushUps, upper & lower back stretch, splits 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...