Thursday, May 22, 2014

No Record but I Know I Did It

Thursdays are a mad dash out of the house when I have to drive my son to school early for an "extra" gym class. I had the dog in the back of the car and he was complaining the entire ride. He doesn't bark. Instead he whines and moos. Like a cow. He's still stressed from yesterday's ordeal at the groomers. His bowels are very reactive and I had to bleach the kitchen floor this morning. Might as well get it ALL done with, so today we went to the vet for his rabies booster shot. Traffic on Route 202 was literally bumper to bumper. I've forgotten what morning commutes used to be like. After I got him home, I grabbed my gear and headed out to the gym.

The Precors are free so I hop on one for my 2 mile warm up. After 5 minutes at 150 SPMs, I grind through the 4 minute Tabata workout (20 sec On/ 10 sec Off). It's still really hard, perhaps more so later in the week when I'm probably not fully recovered. Then another 11 or so minutes until I hit the 2 mile mark. I feel pretty good. A quick Cage Stretch and then I set up to use the Nexersys. My plan is 5 rounds Beginner and 9 rounds Intermediate since I'm using the favored right-side machine. I'm punching too hard, of course, for the Beginner rounds. But I like to practice my jab and cross before engaging the much harder, much faster Intermediate program.

I'm just about to finish round 6 in Intermediate when the power goes out. TVs are all dead. No lights except the emergency ones marking exits. Luckily the big plate glass windows allow everyone to see just fine. The only movement is from the ellipticals: apparently you can use them without a power source. After 5-6 minutes the power returns. It's like a hard reboot: any unsaved data is lost. I debate whether to 1) start all over and punch in 9 rounds which would be crazy because I'm sort of tired; 2) finish up by doing 3 rounds; 3) compromise and do 5 rounds. Of course I do 5 rounds. Then I get back on the elliptical and pedal for another 3 miles. Done!

The gym scale reads 112.8 lbs. I'm so drenched that sweat is dripping off the ends of my hair as if they were wicks. Tomorrow is Leg Day. I'm debating whether to add HIIT back into the mix. Because I'm such a glutton for punishment.

Cardio Thursday with Interruptions

N/A
Calorie :   171 CAL
Distance: 2.01 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:22:00
N/A
Calorie :   --
Distance : --
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  16 Laps/Reps
Duration : 01:04:00 
N/A
Calorie :   259 CAL
Distance: 3.01 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:33:00






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...