Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Abbreviated Back and Biceps Day

I'm so glad the weather forecast was wrong and that it's not raining today. Today was the dog's annual trek to the groomers. He's such a high-strung creature that to take him more often would probably violate the Geneva Convention on mental anguish. Tomorrow I get to ferry him to the vet for a rabies booster, but he'll have to take a trip to school because I have to drop off my son first. After I bring the dog home, I'll be able to head out to the gym for a cardio session. I'm sure it will take him days to recover from his ordeal. It just means he'll take more naps. He's 11 after all.

The groomers had no trouble bathing the dog, but he doesn't like to be confined and has chewed his way through chain-link fencing. So they don't crate him when he's done. I'd just finished my 3 mile cardio warm up when I got the voice mail stating I could pick him up at any time. Since I wasn't about to pick him up and then return to the gym, I rushed through the rest of my workout, selectively dropping parts of my routine. Like the last 2 miles of cardio. And Lower Back Extensions. And Reverse Grip BB Rows. And most of the Mat Stretch.

The gym scale reads 113.4 lbs which is a tad less than yesterday. It's too early to tell, but I think I can see subtle changes in my body composition so I'm going to keep with this current program of lots of cardio, lots of volume, and a decent amount of weight (varying anywhere from 70% of my max to my actual max, depending on which exercise it is). Still, I got a decent workout and I'm surprisingly tired when I get home. I think maybe I need a nap too.

 Exercise Name
Calorie :   143 CAL
Distance: 3.22 mile


Duration : 00:30:00
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 135x12
Set 3 : 155x12
Set 4 : 155x12
Set 5 : 155x15
Set 6 : 135x20
Set 7 : 135x20
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 120x8
Set 3 : 135x8
Set 4 : 135x8
Set 5 : 135x8
Set 1 : 50x12
Set 2 : 50x12
Set 3 : 50x12
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...