Thursday, May 16, 2013

Well, Cinderella I'm Not...


I got to the gym this morning and discovered that I'm missing one of my lifting gloves. Damn. I had them yesterday because I use them for squats and dead lifts and mat and cage stretches. One must've fallen out in the parking lot on the way to the car. I'm bummed. I don't really want to buy a new pair of gloves, especially when my "new" grips (purchased just a few months ago on my birthday) show signs of cracking and needing to be replaced. I'm hard on my gear. I keep hoping my glove'll show up, so I've asked the front desk at the gym, looked all over my house, and completely forgot to check the parking lot. But after yesterday's downpour, anything I find out there will be completely trashed anyway. I keep hoping someone will find my glove and return it to me, but who am I kidding? I'm not Cinderella waiting for Prince Charming to show up with my lost slipper. (I've always wondered why her glass slipper remained when everything else turned back into pumpkins and mice but I'm a stickler for stupid details like that.)

I'm tired and I didn't make my cardio quota today although I did try. My husband says that he enjoys kickboxing much more when I'm there because he has trouble keeping up with me, so I'm a competitive incentive to work harder. Awe, that's sweet. What really kills him is the drill where you punch the bag four times and then drop to do two pushups. I can usually pop back up before he's even finished his two so we're racing each other. "Push ups are easy," I tell him. He tells me that he's got to work up to where he can say that as well. I just think they're easy compared to benching heavy, or benching reps.

Today's 2nd Push Day Workout:
35 min cardio = 3.90 miles Bleah! I developed a stitch under my right rib cage that lasted until the cardio session was over so that's about 12 minutes of peddling in extreme discomfort. 
Olympic Bench: 25 reps bar /12 reps 65 lbs
oooh, the Smith is free now!
Smith Bench Press: 12 @ 95 lbs / 10 @ 115 / 8 @ 135 / 3 x 6 @ 155 / 12 @ 135 / 25 @ 115 lbs
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Seated Rear Inclined DB Raises: 6 x 15 @ 25 lbs
I don't think I can go heavier without injuring my front delt so I'm at a loss as how to step this up.
Lateral DB Raises: 3 x 15 @ 20 lbs
Lateral DB Raises SuperSet with One-Arm Tricep DB Extensions: 3 x 15 @ 20 lbs
This movement almost become aerobic because I'm moving through the reps so quickly.
Ab Crunch Station: 100
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Ups: 125
Lower Ab Kick Outs: 100
Close Grip Benching (for triceps): 25 @ 45 lbs / 25 @ 65 lbs / 2 x 15 @ 75 lbs
Mat Stretch

I see M on the mat doing a modified crunch while holding a kettle bell in one hand. It looks painful. He's carrying on a conversation with Nixon (he has a receding hairline like the late prez) but Nixon looks dubious. The mats usually see very few men and a handful of women stretching out. When I look up from my routine, I see Mo doing her thing. By the time I'm showered and dressed, she's done with her entire exercise routine. That's quick. Suddenly the gym is full of HS boys and a bunch of regulars like Ranger Rick, Mustache and BigTruck. I overhear Skinny J and R discuss how "inflammation sucks". Well, duh, yeah.

The gym scale tells me 109.4 lbs today. It's not really a surprise. I'd like to be lighter, but I don't want to be weaker. And my clothes still fit, so I'm good with this for now. I don a pair of shorts and a tank top because temps have risen to near 80°F and I have a lot of errands to run. My one glove is still missing so I'm resigned to having to purchase another pair. I can't wait around hoping "some day my prince will come". Damn it, I'm the Warrior Princess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...