Monday, May 27, 2013

This Week's New Plan

Blueberry bagel with egg and bacon!
Because my elbows don't seem to be healing properly, I've decided to give myself a break and not work out like a fiend this week which is probably easier said than done. While I enjoyed sleeping in until 8:45 this morning, my son was quite dismayed that I hadn't gotten everything together for us to have a morning gym session. I warned him that because it was a brilliantly nice day, most families were certainly out doors. Stubbornly he insisted that we go to the gym so after breakfast and a few chores, we went. He was disappointed to find only two little girls in the childcare room. And the gym was lousy with teenagers, all home from school.

Best pizza ever!
Perhaps because I'd had real perked coffee this morning (Starbuck's Komodo Dragon blend) with my oatmeal, I was feeling rather frisky on the elliptical. Since childcare ends at 1 pm and we'd gotten there after 11 am, there was a real limit as to what I could do and how long I could take. I was planning on skipping weights anyway so today was just cardio and stretching. Normally, my Mondays on the elliptical really suck, especially after a weekend of sangria with frozen strawberries (my new favorite adult beverage), and lots of bacon. White clam pizza with bacon and spinach is our favorite weekend dinner at the local Four Brothers Restaurant. Don't get their sangria though: it tastes like fermented grape soda (probably from an article in Wednesday's NYT about the "new" sangrias). On Sundays, after an hour of my son's swim class, we all enjoy bagel sandwiches with egg and bacon at Tom Tom Bagel Cafe. Mine's usually blueberry but the boys enjoy cinnamon raisin. With ketchup.

Today's Minimal Memorial Day Workout:
35 min hill #5 = 4.12 miles Yippeeee (if I hadn't taken a photo of it, I would've forgotten my mileage!)
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Mat Stretch: yep, I rolled forward on my horizontal split and it's still about 95% there. The vertical splits are good with the right leading leg at 100% and the left leading leg being 95% there. The next trick with that is to see if I can bend the back leg with the leading leg extended. There's always something to improve here...

I'm hot and sweaty but I don't drink much of my water. I'm really surprised when the scale reads 110.6 lbs because truly I was expecting another whopper at 112. The shower feels really good but I'm in a hurry because it's 12:55 pm and my son is the only child left in the room. Tomorrow I plan to do Leg Day and Wednesday I have an old fashion repair man coming to fix my 30 year old dryer that suddenly making a horrendous thumping sound ("Sounds like you need new rollers," he says matter of factly over the the phone.) Perhaps he can fix my 20 year old 35" 5 burner stove too because Sears doesn't make it any more. And remove the ice-maker from my freezer since we can't/don't use it and it's just eating up valuable cold storage space. I might get around to doing a Push Day on Thursday, and then finally a Pull Day on Friday but I'll see how my elbows feel. A week of cardio wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Just a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...