Thursday, March 28, 2013

Giving 110% Even When...

I'm always disheveled
and sweaty after cardio
I'm not sure if it's menopause (egads!), run of the mill fatigue (not enough sleep and too much to do), or just that it's Thursday and my second Push Day of the week, but damn it, I got up tired today. I didn't blow off my workout though, figuring that the cardio would prompt my metabolism and energize me enough to get all my errands done afterwards.

Today's Total Workout:
35 min cardio Precor #1 = 3.99 miles Drat!
Even at Level 1 it was difficult to keep my pace over 200 SPM. Tomorrow I'll try to get on Precor #3 to see if it makes any difference.
Smith Bench Press: 12 @ bar / 25 @ 95 / 12 @ 115 / 12 @ 135 / 12, 10, 8 @ 145 lbs / 12 @ 125 / 25 @ 105 lbs. There were diminishing returns on the 3 heavy sets. I'm disappointed but not crushed.
Cage Stretch & Kicks & 12 Close-Grip Neutral Chin Ups with knees tucked into my chest: these are a lot easier than I remember doing them last year.
Lateral DB Raises: 6 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Rear Seated Inclined DB Raises: 6 x 15 @ 25 lbs
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Up: 100 (Yep, I'm tired today)
Lower Ab Kick Outs: 100
Ab Crunch Station: 100
I've remembered not to do Torso Twist Station before Press Downs!
Tricep Press Downs: 12, 12, 11 @ 50 lbs
Mat Stretch: my stretch is so much better on days that I actually toss a few kicks out in the stretch cage. I've just got to get me some better fitting shorts to wear on Leg Day...

The scale barely budges today and registers 108.8 lbs but I've drained my water bottle and I'm absolutely starving. When I get home, my scale reads 105.8 lbs and I'm satisfied. The regulars all came and worked out today. B, M, Skinny J, The Mayor, R, Mo, Fish Guy, Ranger Rick, ZZ, Skinny Mustache... There are a few new women in the gym as well, and they appear to be fairly serious in their approach. There's also a few CrossFit gals, leaping up into the air between dead lifts and shoulder presses. They look fairly young, perhaps high school or college age.

When I leave, I do feel happy and energized. Or perhaps I'm too tired to actually be annoyed with the long lines at the stores, and the distracted drivers weaving down the road. I'm tired and I still had a good work out. Sometimes tired is just a state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...