Friday, January 25, 2013

Unexpected Furlough

It's Friday 1 pm, and I still don't have my car back from the shop, which means I haven't been to the gym for 2 days. It's too cold for me to exercise in our unheated garage at 16°F when I can feel my gloved fingers throbbing even just from briefly walking the dog. Instead, I've opted to do fun things like scrub the bathroom. The thermostat in our house is set low, about 63°F, and I find myself shivering while embracing hot mugs of tea throughout the day.

The only pleasantry I've discovered today is that I can listen to the entire new album of The Wallflowers direct from their website without having to purchase it. It's available on iTunes but cheaper (much cheaper) on Amazon if you're just purchasing the MP3 album. While it's not something I'd do cardio to, it makes unpleasant chores go faster. The best part is that the website actually posts all the lyrics as they're being sung! I really appreciate that instead of trying to read the "mouse print" in the CD liners or on the downloadable PDFs.

I'm not sure if the embed function works in this blogsite so I've also attached the website link: http://www.thewallflowers.com/splash-2/

The weekend is already over-scheduled because it's my son's birthday tomorrow and we promised him that we'd take him to ToysRUs after he & my husband went to tae kwon do classes. Then we have his swim class Sunday morning, followed by his swim party later that afternoon, and I still need to finish all the "goody bags" -- which of course I can't do until I get my car back! Damn, I'd better have my car back before Monday so I can go to the gym. I'm getting cranky already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...