Friday, August 3, 2012

Surprising End of the Week

Surprise! It's Friday! And I'll be a slug for the next two days, but not today. Surprise! I'm not actually sore after doing all those benching reps. I'll probably be sore tomorrow, but today only my legs are a wee bit stiff. Nothing like some brisk cardio to warm and loosen things up. 45 min on elliptical #3 and I get the same 5.29 miles. I feel pretty good. Today is a Pull Day (back & biceps) so I have rows, pull downs, and curls on my To Do list. I get them all done, including another set of 12 close grip chins, although I admit that the very last one was a bit tough.

I even revert back to my old ab routine of millions of twisting situps, okay, not millions but probably around two hundred. (My coccyx is going to curse me later.) And 125 lower ab kickouts. Those I actually counted. The only thing that really hurt today was the Reverse Grip Barbell Curls, done right after sets of Dumbbell Curls. I got them done, but I'd be lying if I said they were easy 'cuz they weren't.

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 5.29 miles
Seated cable rows: 1 x 12 @ 75 / 1 x 12 @ 90 / 3 x 12 @ 105 / 2 x 12 @ 90
Lower Back Extensions: 2 x 25 @ 90
Lat Pull Downs: 1 x 12 @ 75 / 5 x 12 @ 90
Torso Twist: 2 x 25 @ 60
Cage stretch & kicks & 12 close grip neutral chin-ups
Flat Twisting Situps: about 200 (I lost count doing them as fast as I could for a whole Billy Idol song which is approximately 4 minutes)
Lower Ab Kickouts: 125
Lower Back Extensions (again): 2 x 25 @ 90
Torso Twist (again): 2 x 25 @ 60
Bent Over Reverse Grip Barbell Rows: 6 x 15-12 @ 50
Dumbbell Curls: 1 x 12 @ 15 / 3 x 12 @ 20
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls: 3 x 20 @ 30
Mat stretch for hams, calves, back, shoulders & neck

I run out of water before I even finish the dumbbell curls so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that the scale reads 106.4. I'm probably dehydrated. I know I'm starving! But I feel good, and that's the best way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...