Wednesday, November 29, 2023

22F is Cold

I moved firewood yesterday and that was my workout for Tuesday. It wasn't a lot of wood, just a wheelbarrow full 'cuz I knew temps were going to drop into the 20s. Today I woke up to 22 F but we still went to the park. No one else was there so the pups were bored although they do like to dig up dirt and eat it (ugh), and stare up into the trees 'cuz squirrels.

The gym is crowded because it's mid-week and it's freezing outside. I'm also late and lucky I've made it before noon, mostly because I get distracted at home. Cardio was good but not great, not where it was last week. But not bad. And pull-ups felt powerful and controlled for most reps. That was reassuring! I even went back for a second set and although those were harder with a lot more partial reps, I still got them done.

I cut crunches from the core routine so it's weird that my abs were sore during Dead Bugs. Unfortunately, I lost count during the last set so I'm not 100% certain that reps totaled 100. I also cut plain elbow planks but kept the bird dogs, walking lunges, and wall squats. But by the time I got to the wall, I could barely stay 60 seconds before I started sliding down onto my butt. So, 60 seconds today. And a set of pull-ups.

Temps should be warmer tomorrow, but at least we didn't get snow. Buffalo got snow. My kid texted that he wasn't planning to go outside into the snow and cold unless absolutely necessary. What about meals? There are food places downstairs in the dorm building. College is so different than when I went forty years ago!

29 November 2023 11:39-1:05
Frigid 22F Wednesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5730)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 161, 199-87

HGPU 18

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists
Walking lunges 40 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 60s (started slipping down)

HGPU 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...