Monday, November 27, 2023

After the Turkey

Nothing encourages you more to go to the gym than spending a holiday weekend stuffing your belly. And Thanksgiving is that holiday. But alas, I also had the annual mammogram right afterward, so that meant an abbreviated workout. My kid went back to school with classmates on Sunday, and texted me along the way so I know he's safe even though a big storm that's battered the mid-West hit western New York. We got a lot of rain and wind, evident this morning at the dog park with downed soggy leaves and a few large branches impressively speared into the dirt.

It's cold and sunny when I get to the gym. It's also crowded with young people I've never seen before. Too old to be HS, so maybe college kids are still here? I get on elliptical #2 while debating how much time to spend doing cardio. I finally decided to stick to 35 minutes but I don't start singing to myself until the last 10 minutes. But I wasn't expecting to do well anyway. I get my requisite pull-up and abbreviate the core workout by skipping a few movements, like crunches, planks, walking lunges and wall squats. Because I still need time to shower and drive to the radiology lab. I get there on time, fill out insurance paperwork, and I'm done in less than an hour. 


It's going to be cold this week so I plan to bring another load of firewood into the house. At some point, my husband will get brave enough to put gas in the new log splitter we bought and we'll split the wall of tree sections into usable firewood. For next year. He wastes a lot of time just drinking and watching movies over and over again while yelling and cursing at the characters. So, I'm very happy when the house is calm and quiet and it's just me and the dogs. Even though I miss my kid, I perfectly understand why he doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the house if my husband plans to be home. My hubs, on the other hand, has no idea why we consider his drunk self obnoxious and unpleasant. Because he's in total denial about his alcoholism.

27 November 2023 11:19-12:25
Sunny Cold Monday Fatter & Slower
(Mammogram appt afterwards)

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5680)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 320
Avg Hr: 154, 202-83

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges

Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges

Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists

Neck stretch / Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...