Friday, December 1, 2023

Toes Are Distracting

Lately, I've been distracted by the sensation of my big toe rubbing against it's neighbor, the index toe. This, in spite of the roominess of my shoes! The bunion toe is shifting ever so slightly, and this is causing me some discomfort. At least the remaining toes (the hammers) haven't started cramping yet. I don't want my toes to cross but I'm at a loss as to what I should do. I've worn those odd toe separator socks and they're not very comfortable after a length of time. Maybe I could stand it for an hour, but not for an entire night.

I'm wearing an old pair of leather Saucony sneakers because the weather is iffy and I've a bunch of errands to do before I get to the gym. Lately, I haven't wanted to lose momentum by changing my shoes once I stash all my gear in the locker. So, I've been wearing my gym shoes about town and only change into regular footwear after I've showered and put street clothes on. The parking lot is crowded but the gym isn't. Probably everyone going to the cinema next door even though it's not a holiday weekend. But it IS December! I bought a wreath to put on the front door, but I still need to dig out our miniature tree and decorate it. Then I can put the air fryer I bought my husband on the table next to it. It actually might be bigger than the tree though... Hmmm.

My delts and triceps are oddly sore today considering I didn't do anything particularly athletic yesterday. What I did do was find a sunny spot in my kitchen and plant myself in a chair to catch up on some reading. After a while, my back got upset with me and my shoulders knotted up. I have no idea why the upper arms are sore though. It makes pull-ups a wee bit harder today, and normally I feel like a badass when I get it done. Today, I'm just happy to finish without too much kipping.

I do everything in my Core routine except for the now deleted crunches. The Dead Bugs go by so quickly that I'm questioning myself as to whether I'm really doing the last alternate side set, but I know I've already done two same-side sets so this must be the fifth set... I'm such a space case! I take shorter steps for Walking Lunges, which results in more steps across the Aerobics Room. That makes it harder. Grrr... But I managed to stay upright for the full 90 seconds of Wall Squats today, so I'm satisfied.

There's hardly anyone in the free weight area but I decide to just do the combo tricep workout: Skull Crushers and Rip Skulls, six sets in total. Done. Now, on to the next errand on my list today...

1 December 2023 11:33-1:13
Busy Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5822)
Distance: 2.91
Cal: 326
Avg Hr: 158, 192-90

HGPU 18

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists
Walking lunges 43 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s

Skull crushers / RipSkulls
30 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...