Friday, November 10, 2023

Veterans Day Friday

There are a lot of cars in the parking lot today so I'm worried about how crowded the gym is. Someone is pedaling elliptical #1 so I clamber on to #2 which works just as well if not a bit noisier. No one can really tell with the din of the "ambient" music blaring from the speakers. I'm worried that being on a different machine, on a difficult program (because it's mostly flat on low terrain) means I'll be disappointed in the mileage. 

I start singing to myself anyway, the woman on the other elliptical leaves, and I gain another fraction of a mile. Which is great and terrible at the same time. Great because it's been forever since I've made it past the 2.9 mark, and terrible because of internal self-competition. 2.9 has become the new goalpost that I'll have to move past to feel successful.

Pull-ups are good for the first dozen, and then harder to get my nose to the bar for the next five. The last one requires kipping. The Aerobics Room is empty and I follow my routine, but completely forget to add side-bends. I'm also thinking about cutting reps on Crunches and adding another set of 20 to the Dead Bugs. The Wall Squats are slightly easier and I don't start to tremble until 70 seconds in. 

I've already decided to do the Triceps routine but undecided about the second set of pull-ups. Until I see that the Stretch Cage is occupied. I'm happy to nix that second set and just do the Skull Crushers and Rip Skulls. Done.

The husband is back from Boston today and while nothing hurts anymore, his hand is swollen, the ankle is twice the size it was and the ribs sport a deep purple bruise. But he doesn't see this as any incentive to quit drinking. Nope. His take away from last week's mishap is that he should just not trip. Yeah, alcoholics are masters of denial and delusion.

10 November 2023 11:24-1:00
Late Friday Veterans Day & Gym is Crowded

Precor elliptical #2
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5844)
Distance: 2.91 !!!
Cal: 327
Avg Hr: 159, 195-86

HGPU 17

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20/20/20/20 alt/ss = 80
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 26
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch w side bends
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s (last 20 trembling)

Skull crushers / RipSkulls
30 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...