Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Tired But Happy

I was too stressed and totally not motivated to go to the gym yesterday. My kid finally got home after close to 8 hrs on the road with classmates. Traffic and weather were both challenging, but everyone made it home safely. But of course, my kid wanted to hang out with a HS friend just an hour later. In the middle of the night, in the cold rain. They left, then returned after 10 minutes and hung out at our house. I put another log in the wood stove and went to bed. It was raining this morning and I didn't want to get out of bed.

But having dogs means you always get up. We got to the dog park later than usual but there was no one there. Because it was cold and wet. But eventually, a new pup showed up to play with them, so that was good. Still, I get to the gym late and the parking lot is crowded, probably because there's no school and the cinema is two doors down from the gym. There's a lot of people at the gym as well, including a woman I've never seen before on elliptical #1. 

I get on elliptical #2 and tap in Performance Program #2. I haven't had the best sleep so I'm prepared to tank this and not be upset. I continue to be surprised when I make it past 2.9 and today is no different. I'm also prepared to suck at pull-ups but I actually manage to complete both sets today. However, my grip has been affected by my wedding band putting pressure on my finger and maybe that's because dinner was a tad salty last night. I'm salt sensitive so I should've ignored the advice to salt pasta water so that it tastes like the ocean (but not the Dead Sea).

Everything is on course, even the Walking Lunges and Wall Squats. My only issue is with some lower back aches being exacerbated by the same-side Dead Bugs. I only do 2 sets of those, compared to 3 sets of alternate-side movements. I knew the same-side could be a problem though. It's one of the reasons I don't do another variation with legs vs arms: that just puts too much pressure on the lower back. The one-leg bridge helps loosen it up but the left lower back gets twingey when I sit at an angle or do other lopsided things. It's very sensitive and I have to be mindful of that. 

I finally read an explanation as to the naming convention of white noise vs brown or pink noise "music"... apparently it has to do with frequency and tones. Click on this link to read the article. I like the brown noise. White noise just sounds like static, but I think that's what my kid listens to when he has the tabletop fan blowing all night...

22 November 2023 11:42-1:11
Sunny Cold Wednesday and My Kid is Home Asleep

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5818)
Distance: 2.91
Cal: 327
Avg Hr: 156, 198-87

HGPU 17 (ring causing issues)

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 40
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists
Walking lunges 42 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s (30s of hell)

HGPU 17 whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...