Thursday, February 24, 2022

Winter Again

My dogs love the colder weather and even though there was no one else to play with at the Bark Park, they ran around like lunatics. (Yesterday it hit 64F and that was a bit too warm for them!) It would've been better with other pups, but at least they were outside with a fenced half acre to chase each other and do zoomies. At 26F, it was cold enough for me to open up the Hot Hands hand warmers and stuff them into my gloves. The town has already sprayed salt lines on most of the roads in preparation for the messy storm that's supposed to hit us later tonight. Maybe rain, maybe sleet and freezing rain, maybe snow. It's hard to know but best to be prepared.

I get to the gym by 1 pm. My cardio has been much more productive this week, mostly because I've actually been awake for several hours and the body is "warmed up." I'm also quite pleased with my pull-ups this week. I've only had coffee and that's made me rather hungry as I exercise. Teens still flood the gym after 2 pm but there are a lot less girls today. Just as well, because honestly, all they seem to do is huddle together and giggle. The boys appear to be exercising, or at least making an attempt at weights and cardio.

The Seated Cable Row station is vacant so I do a few sets, cautiously testing my back against my ego. I know I can pull heavier, except that I can't. Seventy pounds isn't actually heavy, but during the last few reps, I feel an electric shock in my lower back, right over my hip bones that makes me pause. It passes almost immediately but I drop the weight done to 65 for the next set. That is uneventful and I'm relieved, but it's also a bit disappointing. My sciatica is background noise at the moment so I still haven't called the orthopedics office to make an appointment... I'm hoping I don't have to shovel tomorrow--my triceps are still sore! Yes, I'm hoping for rain. Not freezing rain. Just plain ol' ordinary wet rain.

24 February 2021
Frigid Thursday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5898)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 330
HR: 149-191, 82

HGPU 19

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 19

Seated Cable Rows (light)
50 lbs x 15
60 x 15
70 x 15
65 x 15

Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52)
Step 527
Floors 32
Calories 77
HR: 148

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...