Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Twosday Workout

A palindrome is a sequence that reads the same forward and back as with the names Anna, Hannah, Bob, Lil, or numbers as in dates. But of course, standard American notation differs from the rest of the world where day, month and year make more sense than month, day, year. When we got married in October many years ago, I thought it'd be great if we could get a date like 10/11/01 or 10/22/01 (American style) but no goes to a wedding on a Monday or a Thursday. But that's me because I like pattern recognition. That's also the reason I could beat my husband at early video games like Tekken... when I used to play video games.

Today is "Twosday," or 22/02/2022, a numeric palindrome that makes us look at the clock at 2:22 am/pm and chuckle. I've read that an occurrence like this won't happen for another 400 years so let's savor the moment! There's no school in our district this week so I once again get to sleep in until 9 and actually feel rested. I had thought about rousing myself pre-dawn and hitting the gym before taking the pups to the park but the bed was warm and comfy and if I take the pups to the park first and then go to the gym, well, then I'd have more time to actually work out. I voted for more sleep and more time to exercise later.

The gym is less crowded than I expected but of course, kids will start filling the room once they wake up (around 2 pm). I haven't come this late in a long time so I see folks that I vaguely remember from years ago. It's warm out and I work up a good sweat on the elliptical. I'm nervous about whether I can do pull-ups, regardless of the fact that this happens to me every time I stand inside the Stretch Cage. But I am so happy (and relieved) to get my reps. And because I have time, I decide to push a wee bit of weigh, figuring Rip Skulls won't hurt me too bad.

I'm pleasantly surprised that strength-wise I can pretty much pick up where I left off several weeks (months?) ago. It's true that muscle memory keeps you stronger a lot longer than you'd expect. Thirty-five pounds feels okay for most of me but my left elbow gets sore by the last reps for every set. I won't be able to go heavier without incurring joint issues. Afterward I climb onto the stepper for 10 minutes. 

I'll try this again tomorrow, but no pull-ups or Rip Skulls. Maybe I'll give Seated Cable Rows a go, but with light weights. And then, I'll call the orthopedics office to set up an appointment because my lower back feels a bit wonky and the sciatica is background noise at the moment.

22 February 2021
Twosday after 3 days off

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5894)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
HR: 151-195, 84

HGPU 19

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 18.5

Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12
35 x 12, 12, 12

Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Step 535
Floors 33
Calories 78
HR: 149

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...