Thursday, February 17, 2022

Spring for a Moment

It's 57F right now but overcast with the threat of heavy winds and rain. Saturday night will dip into the teens. Yep, the weather is crazy, but at least it's not snowing. The gym is less crowded today, probably because it's Thursday. Most folks like to come every other day. I had a fleeting thought to take today off but I wasn't really that tired this morning. With next week being mid-Winter recess with no school, I'll find it challenging to get to the gym then so I should take advantage now.

Cardio felt okay but I wasn't good and sweaty afterward which puzzles me. My lower back is not quite right with a faint ache in the right glute and a spasm threat on the left. Still, that doesn't hold me back from doing the core exercises in the Aerobics Room. I don't see Floppy Girl there anymore. I had overheard her complaining that it's too cold in there. Ahem, that's what hoodies and sweatshirts are for, girlie! No, she'd rather flop around on the machines. Just as well.

Big Baldy is on the stair climber so I get on the other one. Today, the machine doesn't hit 60 steps per minutes. These machines are anything but consistent. Which is kind of shocking. Because that's the whole point to machines: mindless consistency.

17 February 2021
Spring Thursday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5656)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 318
HR: n/a


Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga


Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 539
Floors 33
Calories 79
HR: 134

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...