Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Enticing Arctic Sunshine

There were a lot of people on the treadmills this morning. People I hadn't seen in a few years. I guess the deceptively bright sunshine have lured folks into thinking it's Spring in spite of the 7F temps. It'll peak at 30 today so that's not too bad, but nights are bitter, especially if you get caught in the wind.

There's no one on the ellipticals so I'm happy to have my choice of machines. I feel okay except my feet are experiencing unusual numbness along the outer edge leading up to the pinky toes. I also develop a spasm in my lower left back, just over the hip. Luckily, it eventually dissipates and leaves no permanent ache. I'm certain it's my wonky lower back and disc(s) acting up. 

My routine is routine. I was scheduled for an MRI tomorrow but just got word that my "health" insurance company has denied the request to authorize this test. Why? I have no idea so I'll have to phone them and wait an interminably long time on hold to find out. I tried calling my doctor's office but it's nearly impossible to get a human on the phone so...


15 February 2021
Arctic Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5712)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 320
HR: 138-200, 92


Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga


Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 536
Floors 33
Calories 78
HR: 136

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...