Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Frigid Valentines

Weekend temps peaked at 51F so it was quite the shock this morning when the thermometer read 9F. As in single digit weather. At least it wasn't icy because after shoveling the 4" of light fluffy snow off the walkway, car, driveway yesterday morning, I did "salt" liberally and all the surfaces were walkable. Just to be safe, because it is mid-February and still winter, I bought more ice-melt yesterday. Better to have extra than none. The stuff I'm currently using I actually bought last year.

The sun is rising earlier these days so it's light out when I get to the gym. I'll be bummed next month when we revert back to Daylight Savings Time and push the clocks forward an hour. That might mean driving in darkness again. The gym is surprisingly empty this morning, probably because everyone is hung over from Super Bowl Sunday partying. That was the one football game we used to watch but it's been years since we've actually bothered. I can catch the commercials (really, my only reason to watch the game) and half-time show rebroadcast on YouTube.

There's no one on the ellipticals so I can use the one with the working heart rate sensor. I check my notes to see that the next program I should do is number three. I should also do pull-ups. My forearms feel okay and I'm pleased to get almost 20. Yep, that's 19 but close enough and a lot more than a few months ago. I think doing two sets with twenty minutes of other things in between really helps. 

There are only two stair machines and a big bald guy has beaten me to the one I normally use. Just as well, since the closed captioning doesn't work on that TV but does on the other StepMill. Big Baldy has his hood up and is draped over the machine. Granted, he's been on the machine longer and is still there when I exit, but you're cheating yourself if you're not carrying your own body weight while doing cardio. Sort of like Lazy Pedals on the elliptical. He's not here today although two of the other regulars are. Probably nursing a hangover from last night's Super Bowl excitement.

14 February 2021
Valentine Monday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5706)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 320
HR: 76, 90, 133-196

HGPU 19

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 18

Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 529
Floors 33
Calories 77
HR: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...