Friday, February 18, 2022

High Winds Friday

When the school bus came at 6:37 this morning, my car thermometer registered temps at 59F. When I drove home from the gym, I watched the reading drop from 44 to 39F. While not quite flash freezing like the mythical woolly mammoth encased in ice with mouthfuls of spring flowers, the winds have brought down trees, power lines, and with it, an arctic chill. 

My son texts me while I'm on the elliptical that the school has no power. No power and no backup system to sustain the myriad of electronic devices teaching now relies on. The HS released their students just a bit past 9. The district didn't allow the middle-school kids to even disembark the school buses. Instead, they sat on the bus for 45 minutes and were then returned home. I know because one of the school bus drivers (he comes regularly to the dog park) told me. The dog park itself today is brightly sunny but bitterly cold.

In spite of constant texting with my son, I manage a reasonable cardio workout. The gym is moderately crowded but I'm able to maintain my program. Pull-ups and push-ups and air squats are all routine. And the Step Mill seems to be getting moderately easier, if only just a skosh...


18 February 2021
High Winds Friday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5602)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
HR: n/a

HGPU 19

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 18

Matrix StepMill (left)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 534
Floors 33
Calories 78
HR: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...