Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Workout Interruptus

I hate taking calls when I'm doing cardio but I didn't want to miss this morning's appointment call. I have to pull out my earbuds because the iPod is in my gear bag on the ground. The earbuds don't have any controls other than volume. It only takes a minute but there's no pause on the elliptical. All 13 minutes of data is lost and I don't feel like figuring out the additional 22 minutes I should make up. Instead, I stalk off to the Aerobic Room before the Body Pump class starts. 

There are at least two other women in there: one stretching in the middle of the room and another on one of two spin bikes. There's a room just for Spin with a canned broadcast running continuously across the hall. But social distancing necessitates removing a few bikes so it's less crowded. I don't know if anyone actually takes the Spin class anymore because it is, like the BodyPump class, also broadcast for those who want to participate from home. 

At the Seated Cable Row station, I'm bummed to find the heavier handle attached and the lightweight ones mysteriously MIA. It makes the exercise just that much harder and I compensate by allowing myself to cut back 1 rep. I got almost all my errands done today. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy a full workout tomorrow. Maybe. 

13 January 2021
Frosty Wednesday

Precor elliptical interrupted
13 min
Program 2
HR
Cal
Distance

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row
(heavier handle ugh)
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 9, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...