Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Out of Sorts

I got to do my workout later than I'd like. The plumber was supposed to come this morning but they called a phone number I had twenty years ago and of course, it's not my number. So they didn't show up. After sorting this out we agreed to reschedule for Friday. I took the dogs to the park but there was only one pup there and he wasn't terribly interested in playing with them. An hour later my feet are freezing and as I put the dogs in the car, two others show up, but I'm already done. My dogs are really upset with me now. 

My color printer isn't working and insists there's a paper jam, but it's a phantom paper jam. There's no paper inside the machine. It's probably a sensor. Ugh. The manufacturer doesn't seem to have any tech support or service operators so I'm on my own. The pandemic is ruining normal business services. My public library offers copier printer services in BW and color for a small fee. I send a file to the library but when I arrive, no one has any records of it even though I show them the email receipt on my phone telling me to come by. I have to resend it from my phone. At least the library is gracious enough not to charge for anything under $3 so my printouts are free. 

Finally, I get to go workout. It's very routine. Except for the one fellow I've never seen before. He's short with massive arms, shoulders, and back but no butt or thighs discernible under the sport pants. The muscles aren't just for show although they are so pronounced he resembles a cartoon chimp. While I'm seated at the Cable Rowing Station, he proceeds to do several pull-ups in quick succession, with a few muscle-ups for good measure. Whoa. Maybe he's a gymnast? But wouldn't he have better glutes and visible quads? 

6 December 2021
Sunny Wednesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 185-141, 96
Cal 313
Distance 2.82

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 10, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...