Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rejiggering

I got to the gym earlier today but later than I wanted. Still, I had time to do cardio, core, some stretching, and a few minutes of stair climbing. But not enough time to indulge in any weight lifting, especially if I was going to take pups to the park to see their friends. Lately, no one shows up until 10:30, and going early means I just stand around in the cold while dogs get bored and chew on downed branches. Everyone in this group leaves by noon because we all have other things to do! 

I cut back a little on push-ups, and only do 10 minutes on the ClimbMill, but still, feel as if I'd gotten a decent workout. My left leg is feeling a twinge of sciatica, which is worrisome. Nerve pain in both legs would definitely suck. 

Going to the gym earlier makes better use of my time, but it's a lot more crowded with regulars gabbing at stations. Yes, they're masked and yes, they do sanitize their equipment, but I prefer an empty locker room when I change and shower. I time it so that the Aerobic class participants are already engaged when I'm done so I don't cross paths with them. I'm not paranoid, just cautious. If I was paranoid, I wouldn't even be at the gym. There are a lot of members who have paused their memberships. Not sure if they're in line for the vaccine yet although news outlets state that retailers will be able to provide it for the general public very soon. 

7 December 2021
Early Thursday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 2
HR 90, 149-182
Cal 310
Distance 2.81

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 40
Quick Mat Stretch

Matrix Step
Speed 6
Min 10
HR 133
Cal 79
Steps 540
Floors 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...