Thursday, January 21, 2021

Abbreviated Basics

I had a lot to do today and I still wanted to get a workout in, so bare minimum I what I got: cardio, core, stretching. The bent-knee glute kickbacks didn't hurt so I was able to do them through the full range of motion. I'm rushing because I need to do some basic grocery shopping, and I need to hit the CVS to pick up a small gift for a woman whose dog my dog got into a fight with. I get a scented spray that I really like: it contains myrrh, frankincense, and palo santo (a medicinal tree from South America).  

Not to be completely biased, but it wasn't totally my dog's fault. It was mine for not reading his discomfort, and it was the other dog's owner for not reading the potential for aggression. Her dog outweighs my dog by 40 lbs, but he is also 10 years old. My dogs aren't quite 2 yet. Her dog is a dominant male (neutered) who is used to playing rough with my dogs. My dogs were riled up by having workmen at the house for 3 hours before we finally got to the park. And what do dogs do once they get to the park? Mine have to run like loonies, and then they have to poop. And the big dog leaned over my dog, placed his head over my dog's head, and my dog had to poop. He couldn't escape because the big dog kept pushing him sideways. I should've had his owner pull her dog away until my dogs had settled a bit. 

Her dog also has one of the banes of purebred Doberman Pinschers: Von Willebrand's disease, a serious bleeding disorder. And my dog has bitten his face so there is blood. It's hard to see on a jet black dog, but his owner is frantic and pulls her dog into the shed to blot him with paper towels. Later, we text. He has a cut under his eye and one on his ear. He's on antibiotics and the bleeding has stopped. We agree that the dogs should stay away from each other so she'll come later, from 11 to noon. Which means I have to bring my boys, now known as The Gremlin Twins because of the way they snarl at each other while "playing," much earlier if I want them to run off their crazy energy. 

Being at the gym before 7 isn't realistic. Getting there by 7:30 gives me enough time for a basic workout and shower with nothing else. Or I could go to the gym after the dog park at noon. 

21 January 2021
Bare Minimum Thursday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 155-195
Cal 318
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Bent Knee Glute Kickbacks 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...