Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Surprise!

I was up later than I wanted only because one of my pups is apparently extremely lactose-intolerant. The other dog is fine and can eat and does eat almost anything. With extreme lactose-intolerance, one suffers the ignominy of gas, bloating, and horrible diarrhea. The poor dog refused to eat dinner laced with tylosin powder (a digestive cure-all for pups with sensitive tummies) but I have read it has a bitter taste. His brother scarfed that down after being told it was okay to do so. 

Afflicted dog signaled his distress half a dozen times yesterday evening which means tossing on my wellies, coat, gloves, and flashlight for a brisk jaunt down the road. I resorted to squishing a couple of pill pockets flat, pouring out a scant 1/8 tsp of powder, and pressing the packet close. Luckily, pups don't complain too much when I shove a pill down their throat. He seems much improved this morning so after seeing my son onto the bus, I drive to the gym. 

I've completely forgotten that the plumbers have scheduled to come this morning so it's lucky that I call them at 8:30, which is after I've done cardio and a third of my core exercises. They're running a tad late because they've also had to defrost all the ice off their windshield. I'm in a panic and ready to change and shower immediately, but not before suddenly remembering that my husband is actually working from home and can let the plumbers in! Pipes are leaking in my basement and our well water is so acidic that the copper tubing has become brittle. Ugh. It takes the plumbers two hours to make all the repairs. It's not a good sign when they tell you they'll have to send you the bill. It's not just one leak. It was four. And replacement valves and outdoor spigot and lengths of copper tubing. And labor. This is going to hurt.  

Even though I've cut my workout really short, I don't get back to the house until 9:30. Well, at least I've done some cardio. It's another hour before I can take the dogs to the park to see their friends, but they do get a chance to run about. Tomorrow should be better. Unless there's an appointment I've forgotten... 

12 January 2021
Frosty Tuesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 90, 140-195
Cal 314
Distance 2.83

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...