Thursday, January 14, 2021

Briefly

I didn't pack my gym gear the night before so I was tripping over myself and the dogs trying to get out the door this morning. I hate coming at peak time because there are too many people on the equipment. I settle for 25 minutes on the Life Fitness cross-trainer. I don't mind it so much as long as I keep it under 30 minutes: any more than that and my toes go numb. The HR monitor seems more reliable though on these machines than on the Precor ellipticals. No crazy high readings of 190 or more! But also no crazy low readings of 85 either. 

In the Aerobic Room, people who plan to take the Zumba class at 9:30 have already come into the room at 8:50 to mark their spot with a water bottle or hand weights. Ugh. I can't wait to finish up my core routine and exit.

Not having done DB shoulder exercises for weeks makes the initial set seem heavy. I stick to the script and find it easier as I warm up. Of course. The ClimbMill is available so 10 minutes there. I start at Speed 6 but the machine never gets past 52 steps per minute, forcing me to increase to Speed 7. I fear for the worst: this machine is dying too. It barely reaches 57 steps per minute and briefly achieves 62 but only for a few seconds. It's enough though.

I want to get home and take the dogs to the park. They'll get an hour with their friends which should be enough time to run off zoomies. Instead, after a scant 10 minutes of romping (and the requisite peeing and pooping), a park department worker drives up and affixes a piece of paper to the front gate. Then she calls out that the park will be closing in 10 minutes so they can fix the fences. Wow, we weren't expecting any action for months. On the other hand, pups have to cut playtime short. Hopefully, we'll be able to enjoy the park tomorrow. 

Meanwhile, the dry winter air is taking a toll on my fingers with several fissures forming. It's hard to stay moisturized between frequent hand washing and need to use my cell, tablet, and laptop. Greasy fingers are gross. I've bandaged the split tissue at the first finger joint, but the cut forming at the fingertip itself is more problematic. I don't have any ready solutions, except maybe moving to a tropical island, preferably not one mired in poverty and unrest. Hawaii sounds good. 


14 January 2021
Cloudy Thursday

LF cross-trainer
20 min + 5
Manual Level 1
Cal 198
Dist 2.70
HR 122-141, 134

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

Matrix Step
Speed 1min@6, 9min@7
Min 10
HR 145
Cal 84
Steps 580
Floors 36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...