Friday, November 20, 2020

Just a Floater

It's warmer and sunny, but by no means is it actually warm. After the pups were walked and my son set up for his online classes, I tried to feed the dogs their breakfast. I don't want to take them to the park hungry. But they'd rather play than eat. At least there's actual water in the metal bowls at the park, instead of ice floes. I always bring a liter of water just in case. I don't know when the Park Department will shut all the fountains off if they haven't already. The dogs are deliriously happy but perplexed that there's no one else to play with. 

The regulars come later and my pups aren't the best behaved. The shy one is an absolute terror because he doesn't understand that other pups don't want him jumping on them in play, especially the bigger, older ones who already have established friendships with other pups in the park. Yes, as in HS, there are doggie cliques, popular dogs, and outcasts. We leave before the crowd shows up. I have things to do. Dogs are satisfied with their 45 minutes of zoomies. 

The gym isn't too crowded. The in-person aerobic class is over and there are only two or three people on the entire cardio platform. Because I have an eye doc appointment later, I don't want to spend any time doing anything at all that will raise my IOPs. I just do cardio and the core exercises in the now-vacant Aerobic Room. I skipped the gym yesterday because I didn't get enough sleep. I've learned that if I ignore how I feel and work out instead, my workout doesn't suffer, but my body rebels in not so subtle ways: cold sores, canker sores, burning lower eyelids like I'm about to get sick. However, my sciatica is noticeably absent today! Hmmmm.  

I have enough time to do the ClimbMill, which of course, doesn't actually progress at 60 steps per minute. Instead, the speed varies between 52 and 57 and occasionally hits 60 although I don't understand why. I have enough time to shower and drive to my doctor's office during lunch hour traffic. Although I'm 15 minutes early, I wind up waiting a half hour past my appointment to see her. There are brand new people manning the front desk and administering the eye drops and doing the pressure check. 

I'm advised to fill out the online registration form that pops up on my phone. The first four pages ask about my history and medications, but the next several pages ask for consent and signatures repeatedly. I decide not to allow them to send me texts, emails, or otherwise contact me for marketing purposes. This feels like such a scam, gathering health information in order to sell you other goods and services they might deem appropriate. I don't finish before I'm ushered out of the waiting room. The tech sympathizes and says those forms are too long and not really relevant either. Until today, my doctor hadn't used phreesia patient intake software. Ultimately, the goal is to make sure you pay. 

The doc tells me that the floater is most likely permanent, but it's on the top layer of the retina where a lot of debris tends to settle in the viscous gel inside the eyeball. It's not a retinal tear. The tiny flashes of light can be any sort of stress that the retina is reacting to. I'm good to go. Except the bright light she used to visualize the internal workings of my eye have left me with less than stellar vision. I feel partially blind. It'll clear up in a few hours. Meanwhile, I still have to drive home in rush hour traffic. But at least my workouts haven't raised my eye pressures. 

20Nov2020
Finally Friday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program Intervals
low = 4 elevation /1 resistance, high = 10/4
HR 146, 194, 119
Cal 331
Distance 2.94

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

Matrix Step
Speed 6
Min 15
HR 132
Cal 119
Steps 813
Floors 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...